Sponsored

First I saw the Lightning, then I heard the THUNDER...J0238

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Congrats on your new ride, I still smile from ear to ear when I fire mine up! LB is a killer color on this car, and those pics show the color well!

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
Congrats Goat! Absolutely beautiful. I just placed my order last Monday. LB no stripes. I got the black roof ontge advise of my son.

And thanks for the timeline. My dealer was predicting a Jan or early Feb build so the timeline works for me. Can't wait

Now off to sell my '13 GT500

Sponsored

Comfort

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 17 GT350R base,18 GT350R
Beautiful car!! It only gets better when you wake up, it’s in your garage and you get to warm her up to take out for the day. Congrats!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Beautiful car!! It only gets better when you wake up, it’s in your garage and you get to warm her up to take out for the day. Congrats!!
I agree, but don't idle her to warm her up. Drive immediately and keep the RPM's down until 190F on the oil.

OP
OP
Wetarded Goat

Wetarded Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 - J0238
I agree, but don't idle her to warm her up. Drive immediately and keep the RPM's down until 190F on the oil.
Didn't even hit 190F plus until just about work...boooo! NoVA was 48F this morning. I keep things smooth and gentle until the temps come up. I brought her up into the mid 4s/low 5s once I was holding 180F or above. Even then, those RPM ranges were eased into.

OP
OP
Wetarded Goat

Wetarded Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 - J0238
Congrats Goat! Absolutely beautiful. I just placed my order last Monday. LB no stripes. I got the black roof ontge advise of my son.

And thanks for the timeline. My dealer was predicting a Jan or early Feb build so the timeline works for me. Can't wait

Now off to sell my '13 GT500
Glad to help! When I started (and during) the process, I was very interested in peoples different timetables; figured telling my story would help someone out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wetarded Goat

Wetarded Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 - J0238
Congrats on your new ride, I still smile from ear to ear when I fire mine up! LB is a killer color on this car, and those pics show the color well!
I cannot stop smiling in this car. No question about if (like there was even a question) this was a good decision.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Didn't even hit 190F plus until just about work...boooo! NoVA was 48F this morning. I keep things smooth and gentle until the temps come up. I brought her up into the mid 4s/low 5s once I was holding 180F or above. Even then, those RPM ranges were eased into.

44 in Leesburg :(

Recommend trying out weather mode...like 90% chance of rain today man. I wasn't surprised it would try to get away from me...I was very surprised the first time it happened was in 2nd gear after a 'California stop'. Took off slowly, hit the gas and Tokyo drift the rest of the turn! :eyebulge:

OP
OP
Wetarded Goat

Wetarded Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 - J0238
44 in Leesburg :(

Recommend trying out weather mode...like 90% chance of rain today man. I wasn't surprised it would try to get away from me...I was very surprised the first time it happened was in 2nd gear after a 'California stop'. Took off slowly, hit the gas and Tokyo drift the rest of the turn! :eyebulge:
That sounds fun...er I mean dangerous...yeah that one :) Thanks for the suggestion; I will try that today. I have been watching the weather closely, but the accuracy seems hit-or-miss around here. But based on the number of days with a high chance of rain, it is bound to happen.

Made me chuckle on the Cali role; just came to NoVA (Manassas) from NoCal...def accurate name origination for the stop "technique" haha.
Sponsored