Sponsored

Finally got my 2.3T exhaust upgraded

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
Been talking about modding my exhaust for awhile now.... well I finally made a decision and went with it. After looking at all the options (catbacks axlebacks, resonator-deletes, etc, I decided to go with a custom job at a local muffler shop (CJ Mufflers in Arlington). I requested a Y-pipe to be welded-in to replace the overly restrictive (and gets-too-hot) resonator with a pair of high-flow Magnaflow mufflers and 4" double-wall stainless tips. A vast improvement over stock in every way. The engine plays music throughout the rev-range with a little bit more pull in the upper mid range.
:D
Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
How can you post this and not include video and pictures? You're killing us.

OP
OP

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How can you post this and not include video and pictures? You're killing us.
Sorry......I shot several video clips, but for some reason they won't upload. Maybe the quicktime or mp4 format is incompatible? I'll reshoot some stills and post them soonest.

Harley2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You got exhuast, now what have you decided on tune? I know that you where thinking of getting one.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've finally posted my video in Youtube..... the link is below:

Harley2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Out of all the Eco aftermarket exhaust clips I've heard your does sound the best

OP
OP

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You got exhuast, now what have you decided on tune? I know that you where thinking of getting one.
Ford is supposed to have an optimized tune available soon (promised for 4th qtr). If so, then maybe worth waiting for, otherwise I'll be going with a COBB AP and a customized tune from Tune+ (Adam at MAP). This tune yields about 400 ft/lb of torque @3000 RPM and a smoother curve to redline (meaning less fall-off). If I go with this option I may also need to upgrade my intercooler. No matter what, it's all good! :D

OP
OP

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sound good. Still seems pretty quiet.
Yes... I didn't want it to be too loud, just a much deeper and stronger turbo engine sound (especially at WOT) so it doesn't sound like a Camry. (Turbos tend to muffle engine exhaust sound anyway). The larger displacement NA engines do a much better job with robust exhaust/engine sounds.....so no competition there. My 2.3T sounds like a proper Mustang now (at least like the SVO). :D
Sponsored