Sponsored

Feedback from GTPP owners on stock setup

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I'm on the fence about getting wheels/tires up front for my GT. On one hand, if I'm going to do it anyway, doing it now will net the best return on the take-offs.

On the other hand, I feel somewhat like I'm rushing to judgement considering the car hasn't arrived yet. I'm gaining a lot of rubber (though admittedly more HP) over my WRX (stock 235s), which could have probably stood to have another 20mm on each corner but otherwise was a more compact chassis and handled just fine for most of what I put it through.

Any suggestions? I don't hate the GTPP wheels, though they would not be my first choice, even if I could get them lighter. I could just change the tires out, but then I feel like I might as well put in lighter wheels if I'm going to take the plunge anyway.
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Are you debating getting a GT PP vs a GT, or aftermarket wheels vs PP wheels?

The PP package is well worth the cost, even without the wheels and tires and despite the 3.73 gear being too short for my purposes (autocross).

Now in terms of wheel choice, I would go aftermarket and go wider. The stock wheels are heavy, I don't care for black wheels, and being gloss black you still have to clean them, which is a pain with all the spokes & forks (ruining the primary advantage of black wheels).

OP
OP

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Sorry yes my car has the PP. Mostly a question of if the stocks are OK or completely inadequate.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I am replacing mine. Use the OEM PP wheels and tire size for winter tires.
Sponsored