Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Please don't mix things up JB350. . .

I bought these as an alternate to the **CUP 2** tires that come stock on the R model. . . and YES an alternate to me spending 2-3 x the money on a pair of MPSS's.

These tires from what I've read, what I've researched (the CONTI's mind u I am now speaking of) are better in the wet than the MPSS **CUP 2** tires. . .

Daily tire? NO.
Daily driver? NO.

If I'm disappointed? Who cares. . . right? It's my measly $800. . . and a set of tires for god sake, nothing permanent by any means.

Lastly - thanks for buying them - that was my original point - to spread the word to fellow owners. I think we should all follow up on this post after we've actually installed the tires, used them and then report back vs. speculate, deal?
Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Please don't mix things up JB350. . .

I bought these as an alternate to the **CUP 2** tires that come stock on the R model. . . and YES an alternate to me spending 2-3 x the money on a pair of MPSS's.

These tires from what I've read, what I've researched (the CONTI's mind u I am now speaking of) are better in the wet than the MPSS **CUP 2** tires. . .

Daily tire? NO.
Daily driver? NO.

If I'm disappointed? Who cares. . . right? It's my measly $800. . . and a set of tires for god sake, nothing permanent by any means.

Lastly - thanks for buying them - that was my original point - to spread the word to fellow owners. I think we should all follow up on this post after we've actually installed the tires, used them and then report back vs. speculate, deal?
I think the confusion was you kept writing mpss which is a different tire altogether.the R is just michelin pilot sport cup 2. If you go back and read your posts, you'll see where the mix up came from, YOU keep comparing them to the MPSS, and not the Cup 2 . If your using them as an alternative to the Cup 2, that makes a lot more sense. Either way your right, it's your money so enjoy, and thanks for.the heads up.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This is not a daily tire by any means unless you are leaving in a place like Texas where the weather is over 60F 10 months of the year and the roads are straight.

PSS really has no competition, a tire like continental is so terrible that I question anyone putting in on a car like R. You have a car like GT350R, but you want to save literally $800 and you will suffer so much handling. Tires are the most important part of a sports car, its what contacts the road. Its not something you want to go cheap and for a 325 tire to cost $200, there is probably a good reason.

A set of PSS tires will run for $1,600 vs $800. It is not 3 times more expensive. I actually did check tirerack for 305 fronts and 325 rears.

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
This is not a daily tire by any means unless you are leaving in a place like Texas where the weather is over 60F 10 months of the year and the roads are straight.

PSS really has no competition, a tire like continental is so terrible that I question anyone putting in on a car like R. You have a car like GT350R, but you want to save literally $800 and you will suffer so much handling. Tires are the most important part of a sports car, its what contacts the road. Its not something you want to go cheap and for a 325 tire to cost $200, there is probably a good reason.

A set of PSS tires will run for $1,600 vs $800. It is not 3 times more expensive. I actually did check tirerack for 305 fronts and 325 rears.
This guy....shut up and go somewhere. The reason they are only 800 is because they're discontinued they are originally closer to 2000 they are dedicated track tires read the comparisons they compare very well to the sport cup and similar tires

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This guy....shut up and go somewhere. The reason they are only 800 is because they're discontinued they are originally closer to 2000 they are dedicated track tires read the comparisons they compare very well to the sport cup and similar tires
Right.... Contis compare well to Michelin.

I consider myself cheap usually but I would never go cheap on a tire.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Every forum has a resident troll, I guess this one is no exception. Your track record precedes you.

Some very well respected people on this forum (who track regularly) chose to pony up and buy this tire. I don't care to debate anything with you.

Thanks for your input, but I also invite you to go away. How's that R model of yours coming along?

You'd think that you would have got the message here http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65538

I think its safe to say that your opinions (at the very least) and the way you interject them into other peoples threads in a way to stir the pot is not appreciated. Isn't that the definition of trolling?

If it was up to me....

:ban:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

[ame]

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
[MENTION=22079]MCarsFan[/MENTION] Relax bro... these ContiForceContacts are not generic cheapo compounds. Take it from me, I track all over So. FL and know a good number of guys that track their cars from bimmers (wink wink) to volvos... and a good number have used Continental tires including ContiExtremeContact DW's on the track!

The ContiForceContacts are actually one of the favorite soft compound street/track tires (including Cup2's and Maxx Race) by owners of GT4's and GT3's... I know a handful of folks that track their Porsches at Sebring with these tires even when it rains. Again, these are not scrappy tires. They grip very well on dry tarmac. Oh and I know what I'm talking about.... ;)

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=22079]MCarsFan[/MENTION] Relax bro... these ContiForceContacts are not generic cheapo compounds. Take it from me, I track all over So. FL and know a good number of guys that track their cars from bimmers (wink wink) to volvos... and a good number have used Continental tires including ContiExtremeContact DW's on the track!

The ContiForceContacts are actually one of the favorite soft compound street/track tires (including Cup2's and Maxx Race) by owners of GT4's and GT3's... I know a handful of folks that track their Porsches at Sebring with these tires even when it rains. Again, these are not scrappy tires. They grip very well on dry tarmac. Oh and I know what I'm talking about.... ;)
He thinks that because they are so cheap, they are not worthy. Not realizing that they are only this price because they're discounted 2012 production. If only we were all as smart as [MENTION=22079]MCarsFan[/MENTION]

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
We are still feeding the troll I see.....

I keep waiting for him to get the message or get board and move on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bosshog

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Man, this thread started as a heads up - and has turned into this. . Not to get all victim, but I'm going to refrain from my future "heads up" posts and just send PM's to those who are happy vs. starting a 4 page near ADM type/level thread.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Man, as such a successful and fiscally responsible person, I would figure you know that price isnt always tied to performance. Michelin is always one of the most expensive brands out there, but that doesnt mean equal or better performance can be had for less $$

But way to let us know you really don't know a lick about performance cars.:lol:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Man, this thread started as a heads up - and has turned into this. . Not to get all victim, but I'm going to refrain from my future "heads up" posts and just send PM's to those who are happy vs. starting a 4 page near ADM type/level thread.
Don't be afraid to post. This one guy is trolling and he has been called out in multiple threads multiple times. He does not have a GT350 and most likely never will. He says how great, smart, and wealthy he is. No one gives a sh*t and he needs to cease being a troll. Has nothing to do with you or your informative thread.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes bosshog, again, many thanks.
Sponsored