Factory lug nut size for GT PP?

BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Took the GT in to the dealer for an alignment after I put the lowering springs on, and they had to elongate the holes on the strut to get within spec. When I tried to take the wheel off the next day, I couldn't get the socket wrench to fit over the lug nuts on the front wheels. I used a 13/16 socket prior to them doing the alignment, and it fit. It still fits the rear lugs, but I can't get it to fit over any of the ones on the front. Stopped at the dealer this morning to complain, and brought my socket to demostrate. Service rep grabbed the mechanic, who brought out assortment of sockets. The response was I should be using a 21mm socket. I responded the 13/16 worked fine until they put the wheels back on. Being that only the fronts are messed up, I asked to have them to order new lugnuts. Can someone tell me the size of the factory lug nuts? (I know the studs are 14mm x 1.5)
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
factory lugs are indeed 21mm

OP
OP
BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the response. I did a conversion, and 13/16 = 20.6mm, so it is very close. Must be once they torqued them to 150 ft-lbs, they distorted enough that the 13/16 would no longer fit. I had only torqued the rears to 100 ft-lbs.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
yeah don't over torque your bolts.. and 150 is F'ing insane.. a flat 90 is perfect. never too too hard to take off. but will never come loose.
Sponsored