Sponsored

eyeballing new block. . . what compression?

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
It's too bad I haven't seen anything like this for coyote blocks. http://www.offthelineperformance.com/engines.htm

In the Subaru world the EJ blocks are weak in the cylinder wall. I have seen several crack at around 25psi. A few companies started pressing in inserts. I have seen these blocks take massive punishment and up to 40 psi without sleeving.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]r9r-OE69Ofg[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
No I installed them myself
This isn't something anyone with wrenching skills should tackle is it? Does it require any special tools?

I've heard some people having these droptions on them?

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wouldn't take any short cuts on the path to 1000 whp.

Sleeved block
Manley 14518 heavy duty I beam rods
Manley 10:1 compression heavy duty pistons 598400CE pistons
ARP fasteners everywhere

You're going to all that trouble of pulling the motor and stripping it down, so may as well put it back together bullet proof.

Also turbo's are so easy to up the boost, you'll start ratcheting that boost up each weekend, so a strong bottom end will take the beating and be with you all the way to 30+psi

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This isn't something anyone with wrenching skills should tackle is it? Does it require any special tools?

I've heard some people having these droptions on them?
its easy, done it it in 30 mins and all you need is a drill and the kit comes with a tap and drill bit

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I wouldn't take any short cuts on the path to 1000 whp.

Sleeved block
Manley 14518 heavy duty I beam rods
Manley 10:1 compression heavy duty pistons 598400CE pistons
ARP fasteners everywhere

You're going to all that trouble of pulling the motor and stripping it down, so may as well put it back together bullet proof.

Also turbo's are so easy to up the boost, you'll start ratcheting that boost up each weekend, so a strong bottom end will take the beating and be with you all the way to 30+psi
I completely agree!

Sponsored

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium, Dodge 2500 Cummings, 69 Camaro
Here's the sleeve supports I installed on mine
I'm not a big fan of those supports they are a band aide. The ones I've seen weeped coolant through the threads. I would also like to see what the bore does at temp it wouldn't surprise me if the bore goes egg shaped with the way they push on the side.

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a big fan of those supports they are a band aide. The ones I've seen weeped coolant through the threads. I would also like to see what the bore does at temp it wouldn't surprise me if the bore goes egg shaped with the way they push on the side.
Far as being egg shaped I doubt it seeing that many guys run these supports making over 1k and bearing the piss out of the car in the track and as far as leaking I can see that happen if you tap the hole incorrect and the threads are not correctly fitted/squared with the stud but once you lock tight it that stud is impose I to get out without snapping it or pulling the threads out

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Far as being egg shaped I doubt it seeing that many guys run these supports making over 1k and bearing the piss out of the car in the track and as far as leaking I can see that happen if you tap the hole incorrect and the threads are not correctly fitted/squared with the stud but once you lock tight it that stud is impose I to get out without snapping it or pulling the threads out
I just bit the bullet and did sleeves and closed deck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Thanks. I did the work on it.
Definitely easier to "bite the bullet" when you can do your own work instead of handing somebody a few thousand dollars. Just curious, but what is the approximate cost to sleeve a block if you have the equipment to do it yourself?

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely easier to "bite the bullet" when you can do your own work instead of handing somebody a few thousand dollars. Just curious, but what is the approximate cost to sleeve a block if you have the equipment to do it yourself?
Sleeves were around 1200 and a day to do the machine work. Than there was some dedicated tooling and fixtures I had to buy/build.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I were to shoot for 900rwhp what parts should I get?

Sportsman block or aluminator?

Mahle pistons with arp studs?

Stock crank ok?

Manley how beam rods?

Anything else to look for?

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I were to shoot for 900rwhp what parts should I get?

Sportsman block or aluminator?

Mahle pistons with arp studs?

Stock crank ok?

Manley how beam rods?

Anything else to look for?
If I'm not mistaken the aluminator is the same as the production block. Can build one cheaper than buying it. The stock crank is fine that power level. If you could afford it I would bypass the h beams and look at Oliver rods.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I'm not mistaken the aluminator is the same as the production block. Can build one cheaper than buying it. The stock crank is fine that power level. If you could afford it I would bypass the h beams and look at Oliver rods.
I'm trying not too spend too much more. Put so mUchih money into this car now is crazy
Sponsored