Sponsored

Excess Water

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
After washing/rinsing, what are your thoughts on using a squeegee to remove excess water before drying?
Sponsored

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Some form of micro cloth to absorb, the water spots are the death of a clean car. Not a fan personally of squeegee

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Better be sure the car is super clean. Any dirt/debris will get dragged across your paint relentlessly.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I learned a trick from the junkman on YouTube that I tried yesterday and it worked great.

After rinsing the car take off the spray nozzle and turn the water down to a small solid stream. Then work each area starting from the top. It will wash almost all standing water off the car. If you do it right it takes no time to dry it.

Found the video.

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I use my shop vac as a blower, sorta like the expensive car blower's you'd buy for $300. Works great.

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I learned a trick from the junkman on YouTube that I tried yesterday and it worked great.

After rinsing the car take off the spray nozzle and turn the water down to a small solid stream. Then work each area starting from the top. It will wash almost all standing water off the car. If you do it right it takes no time to dry it.

Found the video. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWnbAxhjgrE
Gonna try this...watched a few of his videos, the junkman is a trip. A leaf blower?! Lol, I'll give that a shot too!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I have used a surgical rubber squeegee before but only use that on my boat now. The leaf blower is my favorite to dry my cars. Have been using that for 12 years.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Junkman (detailer) uses a cheap electric leaf blower! Warns that gas powered ones tend to generate dust back on the car.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Junkman (detailer) uses a cheap electric leaf blower! Warns that gas powered ones tend to generate dust back on the car.
I use an electric one as well.

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black A300 PP
I use a microfiber chamois and once the surfaces are all dry, I use my little Armour-All vacuum to blow water out of everything else. Man, compared to the 2011 mustang, the 2015 holds A LOT of water it its nooks and crannies.
Sponsored