Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
As mentioned I'm looking for (on white tail-lights):
- 3 RED lights at brake (instead of 2)
- turn signal : RED instead of amber
sequential turnsignals nice to have but not essential for me..if on; abality to turn off the feature.
+1, would be interested in those modifications as well
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yes, just to summarize, this is what I'm looking for:

- 3 RED lights at brake
- turn signal: AMBER but on all 3 bars (I have checked the law and turn signal are mandatory amber, no way to escape this) and SEQUENTIAL
- lock\unlock: sequential RED or AMBER, depending what's the easiest to have

at the beginning I was asking for sequential even on braking, but I agree with others whose saying that could be dangerous...

After that, sure we need mod for headlights:
- led tribar installed and working as DRLs instead of the fog lights. These can't be simply connected to the fog lights drl wires, since they goes off when 1) turning lights are blinking and 2) parking lights or headlights are on.
- turning lights always ON when parking lights or headlights are ON, like in US model. Then I will change the amber bulb with a DD switchback LED light: it will stay on in white and change in AMBER when you use the turning lights.

Hope it is all possible :)

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Got some hopefull feedback from Diode Dynamics !

We have already come up with a solution for the DRL's, and one that acts as a sequential turn signal:

We will be posting more information about these setups soon!

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Has anyone got a picture of the black connector that goes Into the Euro tail light. Just wondering if it's the same as the USA connector.
I know the grey connector is different.

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
Even US version is 2 different concepts, i had lamps that had connector and also had lamps that are fixed cable, no connector. Don't know now for EU.

Sponsored

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
There is a solution from SR-point at Bremerhaven, Germany (www.sr-point.de/index.html)
for all EU-models that will be street-legal at least in Germany. I guess that it might also be street-legal in Austria, Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands and hopefully most other EU countries. It already has a TĂśV approval, too. This company is specialized in modding imported US cars to be street legal in Europe.

Video shows an imported US-Version with the red taillight lenses, but this mod will be done the same way for EU-versions with the white lenses.

Most EU country legislations require an activated taillight (in video called with the german word "RĂĽcklicht") as well as an active rear fog light ("Nebelschlussleuchte") or an activated brake light ("Bremslicht") be shown permanently and independent from the turn signal ("Blinker")

The solution is to show the tail, brake and rear fog lights exclusively and permanently (if activated) in the upper half of the three lenses (per side) and the sequential amber turn signal in the lower half of all the three lenses.

If the turn signal isn't activated, then the tail lights, rear fog lights and brake lights will still be shown only in the upper half of the lenses. Taillights and brake lights will show up on all three lenses. Fog light (left and right) will only show up on the inner lens and the combination of fog light and tail/brake light will spare out the middle lens (fog light = inner lens and tail/brake light= outer lens).

Vice versa, the amber sequential turn indicator lights will use the whole length of all three lenses if no other light is activated.

I like this style best because it's

*street-legal in Germany and hopefully most other EU countries as well
*(hopefully) prevents dumbasses from mistaking the signals
*still draws more attention to the turn signal as a single turn signal does
*still looks pretty good
*has an amber sequential turn indicator, which misses in the EU models.

An amber sequential turn signal in the headlights, using the tribars (while while position lights are shut off) will also be street legal if an RGBWA led-board is installed to the tribars (requires opening of the headlights, same as with the Diode dynamics LED boards). Sadly enough, multicolor tribars aren't street-legal in Germany.

Mustang stock EU version hasn't functional led boards inside the headlights' tribars, they only reflect the light from the HID bulbs.

Last edited:

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
It's TUV legal, but in real it's not, colour changing of same panel is legal, putting 2 ligts in same hole is not, but they are getting tuv.. I've never seen car having 2 bulbs in same panel allowing light them both. That's my 2 cents... Nad it's not looking as half good as mine.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I like that. I wonder if I would get pulled in the UK for sequentials. Much better than some of the ineffectual blinkers that are legal over here.

What's the cost?

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
I sent several lights to UK with sequentials, no problem there.

My UK installation here:
[ame]

j0weave6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Guard
I like that. I wonder if I would get pulled in the UK for sequentials. Much better than some of the ineffectual blinkers that are legal over here.

What's the cost?
I have the sequential turn signals, no problems so far. The people who did my light conversion decided a little LED strip tucked under the light housing would be fine. If it's sunny, it almost impossible to see. I went back through and fixed the issue. No more LED strips.

Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
So I presume you have a US import.

How does your lights work then? Always wondered about the red lens import cars.

j0weave6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Guard
It is a US import. When I got it after the light conversion it had the 2 inside bars as brake lights, the outside bars were rear fog lights and there were amber LED strips under the housing for turn signals. Now I have it back to stock. All bars light up on braking and the turn signals are sequential. No more LED strips and no more rear fog light.

After almost getting rear ended a few times I wanted the shop to revert it back to normal but they said it was illegal to have it like that. So I decided to bite the bullet and do it myself. I haven't had any close calls and no trouble from anyone so far.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Can I put these European tailights on my car here in the states? They pop up on ebay from time to time. I think the clear would be cool looking

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
So they now indicate red?

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
Can I put these European tailights on my car here in the states? They pop up on ebay from time to time. I think the clear would be cool looking

They will not work directly, they needs to be modified to work in us car.
Sponsored