Sponsored

EU Hood Struts

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
If it's not too much trouble, can someone post a pic of the hinge area of the EU Mustang hoods?

Or shed some light on whether or not the USA Hood struts will be a direct fit?

Much appreciated :D
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I'm interested too.
I believe that hinge area is identical and we can use the US aftermarket hood struts like Redline or MRT.
Whether this is legal or not.. I don't know.
(since we have the deployable bonnet for pedestrian safety, aftermarket hood struts could prevent the system from working - not that I am worried at that since my thoughts is this system is crap)

Perhaps in Australia you will not have the pedestrian safety system - probably because aussie are more careful when crossing the street :D

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I'm interested too.
I believe that hinge area is identical and we can use the US aftermarket hood struts like Redline or MRT.
Whether this is legal or not.. I don't know.
(since we have the deployable bonnet for pedestrian safety, aftermarket hood struts could prevent the system from working - not that I am worried at that since my thoughts is this system is crap)

Perhaps in Australia you will not have the pedestrian safety system - probably because aussie are more careful when crossing the street :D
With the way the 2 systems (deploy-able and the bonnet struts) are attached, I can't see how they can be used together. Reason is, those struts attach to both the wing and bonnet in a fixed position and only allows the bonnet to raise from the front but the deploy-able bonnet system raises the back of the bonnet a good few inches. The bonnet strut would restrict this happening so I think it will be a no go :(

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
we could disable in some way the deployable bonnet..

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
we could disable in some way the deployable bonnet..
Good luck explaining that if you have an accident (fingers crossed no one does) but honestly disabling this kind of safety system is not a great idea at all :ninja:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Good luck explaining that if you have an accident (fingers crossed no one does) but honestly disabling this kind of safety system is not a great idea at all :ninja:
This ^^

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Pfft, humbug! Them pedestrians and cyclists, should learn to get out of my way! :ninja:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you have to explain anything? This depolayable bonnet thing is not mandatory and about 1 million + other cars don't have it...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Why would you have to explain anything? This depolayable bonnet thing is not mandatory and about 1 million + other cars don't have it...
This ^^
I haven't seen cars with this system around here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HybridGT

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Hopefully someone finds out or has info on this soon, as I've ordered the struts along with other stuff. It'll probably be sent out in 2 weeks +-

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
You have an accident that involves a person hitting your bonnet and said person suffers serious injuries. Regardless of who's fault the accident was, the crash investigators are going to look in to the accident and find that the deploy-able bonnet that is fitted to the car has not deployed, which they will say "could have saved or lowered the chances of death/injury". They will then find that said system has been tampered with and will see why by finding the bonnet struts you fitted.........see where I am going with this and why you will have explaining to do?

Nissan has this system on the GTRs and I am pretty sure Jaguar has it on some of their models as well.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any text or law saying you can not disable this or any other feature your car has except the basic ones....Eg. You have a button to turn off the airbag at passenger's side...What if you turned it off and have an accident with a passenger?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Moreover, after activation of this system, you have to replace the entire hood!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
You have an accident that involves a person hitting your bonnet and said person suffers serious injuries. Regardless of who's fault the accident was, the crash investigators are going to look in to the accident and find that the deploy-able bonnet that is fitted to the car has not deployed, which they will say "could have saved or lowered the chances of death/injury". They will then find that said system has been tampered with and will see why by finding the bonnet struts you fitted.........see where I am going with this and why you will have explaining to do?
Yes, this ^^

If one of my family was injured as a pedestrian in a road accident (god forbid) and I found that the motorist had disabled a safety feature that could have lessened the impact/injury I'd be fairly p*ssed, especially if the feature was disabled merely to allow the vehicle to look better at car meets...

#justsayin
Sponsored