Sponsored

EU Car Insurance! What are you all up to?

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I pay around 580€ / year. I have full bonus, accident free for 20 years. I hope it stays that way.
Sponsored

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I am at Zürich Insurance (already had my V6 there from 2012 to end of 2015). Was the best deal back then and with the deduction of other products I have there, the best deal I got for my 2015 GT. I pay around 1650 CHF per year.

- Full insurance (full casco - naming here)
- Unlimited parking damage (if someone damages my car on a parking)
- 5000 CHF of valuables insured inside the car
- all glass related parts are insured (windows and lights)
- 200 to 1000 CHF deductible depending on damage and situation

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
Most pay around 1400/1500, but that all depends on your age, history and the discounts you get. I'm at 1460€ atm, full omnium for my EB, GT is around the same price the last time I checked.
DAMN... where the hell do you guys get such rates in Belgium??
I have now 2400€/year for my EB. Full omnium coverage.
Had some other insurance company's even go to 3500€/year.

And insurance say to me, I'm in the cheapest segment right now. (35 years old, they say, the safest drivers on the road) I never had an accident in my life and driver license for 15 years.

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
DAMN... where the hell do you guys get such rates in Belgium??
I have now 2400€/year for my EB. Full omnium coverage.
Had some other insurance company's even go to 3500€/year.

And insurance say to me, I'm in the cheapest segment right now. (35 years old, they say, the safest drivers on the road) I never had an accident in my life and driver license for 15 years.
Most likely you have cock-head of an insurance agent, that doesn't gives you the 15% up to 25% discount that you are entitled to on top of an already insane rate ... I'm 38 accident free and pay 2000 less than you do ... Is your EB made of gold or something?

I had the same issue with my previous agent for my BMW, he always claimed I had the lowest rate and highest discount possible... well until the day I got a new agent that showed me I was still paying double from what I should pay! So now I have an honest agent and the insurance itself still comes from the same insurance company..

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I pay € 810,00 for full coverage with "new car value" in case of total loss for 18 months instead of the standard 6 months. I could have got insurance in
€ 760,00 range but I thought the "new car value" was worth the premium.

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I'm on about 3000chf... more or less 2787eur :p lol

for full ensurance and all this extras.. this is swiss style... xD but next year I will change to a cheaper one... xD but anyway always more than 2000eur :p

:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm

for full ensurance and all this extras.. this is swiss style... xD but next year I will change to a cheaper one... xD but anyway always more than 2000eur :p
Thats just the total nuts :headbonk:

I am on just over a €1000 a year due not being able to transfer my 15 years claim free in the UK plus another 3 in Sweden ( could prove 9 but was given 11 after talks).

As a ref, my A6 BiTdi costs me only €840 a year through company with 0 years!).

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015

How did you manage that and with what company. I am at 1650CHF or so with Zürich insurance and the coverage pretty much includes everything as explained above

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
it's the ford assuracnce... the first year they paid the vollkasko but not now.. so last year it was about 2000... since I've requested several times my assurance because of different things, I don't feel good to change now.. so I will stay 1 year more..
The increase regarding your assurance has probalby mainly to do that I'm not swiss :p you are probably swiss and that makes a huge difference...

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
it's the ford assuracnce... the first year they paid the vollkasko but not now.. so last year it was about 2000... since I've requested several times my assurance because of different things, I don't feel good to change now.. so I will stay 1 year more..
The increase regarding your assurance has probalby mainly to do that I'm not swiss :p you are probably swiss and that makes a huge difference...
You mean that Lichtenstein has other levels of insurance or just that you do not have the swiss nationality and it bumps up your payments?

Last edited:

Sponsored

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
the other way around.. I've not the swiss nationality and that bumps up the payments (a lot) :p

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
the other way around.. I've not the swiss nationality and that bumps up the payments (a lot) :p
Yup definitely plays a role. If I choose french for example it bumps up the yearly premiums by 120CHF. And I am guessing all nationalities outside of french, italian, german and portuguese bump it up even more.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
German companies ask too. They also are very interested in your occupation. If you work in a bank , for example, you are considered less risky than other occupations.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
hey, that's discrimination. I thought that is outlawed in Europe. :headbonk:
True but Switzerland is not Europe :D
Sponsored