ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Yeah it's not a ton until you have a bunch of supporting mods and trying to push past 800whp. Brevin told me this specifically that the G2 is good up to that. IMO it was worth saving the extra $1000 for the G2 to get into the supercharged game and then worry about upgrades after i have a full fuel system, LTHs catless and running on pure e85. Until then, i don't think I'm getting anymore than 700whp out of my setup on 93 without those things. Proshop Billy explained this to me abbout pulleying down. You can add more boost with the G2 but the knock sensors are going to pull timing and you'll lose more than what you had to begin with.

edit: @vaeevictiss i have the G2 and I'm plenty pleased with it. Can i see myself wanting more power? Yes. But i don't think the G2 is the limiting factor
This was my thought process as well. The g2 is capable of more than I am going to push my car to. It all depends what your end goal is
Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Thatā€™s fine, for me I was going to go with the G2 because I didnā€™t plan on ever turning it up, but I went G3 just incase, plus I wouldnā€™t have to deal with taking the head unit off and sending it out to be upgraded and downtime for the car, plus itā€™s cheaper to buy the G3 the first time, so Iā€™m glad I did get the G3, because now Iā€™m prepared to turn it up and donā€™t gotta deal with the hassle.
Yeah there's definitely pros and cons for each method, IMO, $1000 wasn't worth 30hp lol and I don't plan to upgrade mine any time very soon. Maybe next year, maybe. I also have a brand new truck to pay for and don't need my car every day. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
@daSNAK3, I'll give you a little insight to the disaster that's my brain LOL:
G2 kit adds roughly 300 net hp gained, thus $20.67 per horsepower
This means, any additional horsepower addition should cost me that or less. (Unrealistic goal, i know) so for an additional 30hp that's $620 more. Thus, this makes the G2 the best bang for the buck! And that truly is the only goal i really have for any car build. A millionaire can build a much faster more powerful car than me, but he ain't winning if it cost him more than $46,000 current day. Cuz that's about all i have into my car including the cost of it new.

edit: for frame of reference, I'm referring to the guys at the track with say a Porsche GT3RS that the guy spent another $30,000-$50,000 on the car and is all proud of himself when he comes over in the pits to brag that he passed you a couple times
Also,
I'm proud to say I've been passed by a guy in a Subaru BRZ that has way less money than me into his car and he's just a much better driver in a lighter car than me

Last edited:

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Well the G3 kit has been sold. I wish the best of luck upon you guys!
Health must come first.
Take care of yourself man, we'll likely be here when you get back to 100% šŸ’ŖšŸ¼

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone, any chance we could either A) get a thread with ESS dyno numbers or B) a few gen 2 ppl send me their dyno numbers after their setup? I gotta get to one, just haven't had the time yet.
TIA

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My G3X kit shipped today! 4 weeks from my order, Lets go!

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Hey everyone, any chance we could either A) get a thread with ESS dyno numbers or B) a few gen 2 ppl send me their dyno numbers after their setup? I gotta get to one, just haven't had the time yet.
TIA
Do you have Facebook? Three different groups for ESS with lots of info and dyno results. Here is one close to your setup thou. Itā€™s scaled differently but at the bottom is what your looking for.
IMG_1446.jpeg

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
TIA
Hey Magnus,

Just had my G2 with G3 intercooler install completed last week. 2020 GT PP1 vert 6 spd with 3.73 gears and a GT 350 TB. 120 mm pulley. 93 tune. Put down 672 to the wheels and 527ft torque. Quite happy with those numbers!

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Hey Magnus,

Just had my G2 with G3 intercooler install completed last week. 2020 GT PP1 vert 6 spd with 3.73 gears and a GT 350 TB. 120 mm pulley. 93 tune. Put down 672 to the wheels and 527ft torque. Quite happy with those numbers!
awesome, good to know, i guess i'm probably being ambitious looking for 700 flat on my setup without long tubes or G3 head unit *shrugs* thanks for the info!

@Proshop what have you done?? these facebook groups are a hot mess! i am gonna be lost in these threads for weeks!! >_<

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
awesome, good to know, i guess i'm probably being ambitious looking for 700 flat on my setup without long tubes or G3 head unit *shrugs* thanks for the info!

@Proshop what have you done?? these facebook groups are a hot mess! i am gonna be lost in these threads for weeks!! >_<
Sorry my friend just trying to be helpful! There is a lot of good stuff on there thou just like this site! šŸ˜

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Sorry my friend just trying to be helpful! There is a lot of good stuff on there thou just like this site! šŸ˜
Hey man, are most people on the dyno in the 1:1 gear doing pulls?? If so, what's the wheel speed at roughly with 3.73 gears?? Isn't it kinda sketchy? That would be like 145mph in 5th gear mt-82???

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Hey man, are most people on the dyno in the 1:1 gear doing pulls?? If so, what's the wheel speed at roughly with 3.73 gears?? Isn't it kinda sketchy? That would be like 145mph in 5th gear mt-82???
In an auto we do a 6th gear pull mine was 40 mph up to 143 I believe. 7th gear is the true 1:1 ration but as you said way to sketchy of a speed. I forget what gear they run a manual in your case I would have to try and find it.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
In an auto we do a 6th gear pull mine was 40 mph up to 143 I believe. 7th gear is the true 1:1 ration but as you said way to sketchy of a speed. I forget what gear they run a manual in your case I would have to try and find it.
lol yeah tires explode at those speeds. But me and @WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky have been looking at virtual dyno logs and my data is way more smooth and accurate with 3rd gear instead of 2nd gear.
so hopefully 4th will be sufficient with MT82. Anything over 150mph is just too sketchy for me
Sponsored