MoeEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Car: Ecoboost 2017

So I am currently looking to swap my Steeda mounts that came with the car to the stock ones, it was difficult finding new ones for the 2015-2020s as they were vacuum mounts, and the new ones have the vacuum port on them plugged up, I ordered the new models anyways.

Do the old mounts use the vacuum to firm up the mounts? In my case, I have the Steeda mounts, and the vacuum hoses are just hanging out next to the mounts unplugged.

Am I having a vacuum leak with them like this? and is this going to be a problem? Should the hoses be plugged up?

New to the EcoBoost platform, but from what I know, unplugged vacuum hoses are a no-no.
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
If you can feel vacuum from those hoses, then yes, they need to be plugged. They pick up the vacuum from the # 4 cylinder intake runner at the rear of the driver's side so you could also, plug it right there as well.

My 2020 does not have vacuum mounts and thought that they were only used on 15 to 17 model years but could be wrong. I am not sure just how/why they were used in terms of stiffening or softening the mounts. It was for noise/vibration/harshness purposes I do know. They were known to fail and leak since they were also oil filled.

BD