Emission Recall 23E12

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I got a letter in the mail today wanting me to bring my car in for them to fix something with the low pressure fuel line. Has anyone else received this? While I am not 100% opposed to take my car in for this - I just dont have the time to be without my car. So for now, I am going to do nothing - assuming that this wouldn't cause damage to the engine in any way. Thoughts?

1712886496814-7m.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Sounds like the port injection fuel supply line MIGHT "shed" fuel more than it is supposed to, IE none(ish). Not good for the environment, and might put some fuel in your engine bay in what i would assume is microscopic amounts.

I wouldn't rush off to get it done if i had stuff to do (which is like always... lol) but i would try to get it done soon as conveniently possible, as it would hurt my head knowing i was losing fuel and it wasnt rocketing me forward like its supposed to! I may be a bit OCD about that stuff to be fair, but i drove a car that literally leaked gas (total piece 90 corolla post overheat and "rebuild") at one time, so for me, my head screams never again!

Just follow the trail of fire..... 🔥

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Sounds like the port injection fuel supply line MIGHT "shed" fuel more than it is supposed to, IE none(ish). Not good for the environment, and might put some fuel in your engine bay in what i would assume is microscopic amounts.

I wouldn't rush off to get it done if i had stuff to do (which is like always... lol) but i would try to get it done soon as conveniently possible, as it would hurt my head knowing i was losing fuel and it wasnt rocketing me forward like its supposed to! I may be a bit OCD about that stuff to be fair, but i drove a car that literally leaked gas (total piece 90 corolla post overheat and "rebuild") at one time, so for me, my head screams never again!

Just follow the trail of fire..... 🔥
Ecoboosts don't have port injection, only direct injection in 21 so that not the issue.

BD

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
OP, I would check to see if you smell any fuel odor from under the hood with engine running. If you do, then it could be serious but if not then not so much.

I have not received any letter like you have for my 2020 so it may be for 21+ model years.

I would contact the dealer and request they schedule you for a time when you can bring it in and wait for them to perform the repair. State you are not willing to leave vehicle with them or ask if they can perform the repair at your residence per their mobile service that way it is at your convivence.

BD

GTyosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1
Looks like a recall due to EPA requirements.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
EPA :thumbsdown:

BD

FrankM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I received it today.. Drive a 2022 ecoboost premium convertible. Called my dealer, they are ordering the part. I'll keep you posted

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you can, please see if you can get the technician to take a photo of the recalled fuel line and post it. Perhaps they can also point out the exact location of the leak in the line for you too. Thanks

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Checking myself from yesterday, I began studying this recall today.

The following is not the same recall. Not even the same model year. But I thought the cause of this 2024 recall gives tells into the "permeation" issues highlighted in this thread.

My thought is, once Ford cleared the obvious, they looked back through prior fuel line batches and issued a recall to cover those.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2024/RCLRPT-24V220-4944.PDF

"An operator at the Tier 1 supplier performed an un-authorized and unnecessary manual re-work process to improve the uneven finish of the fuel line outer sleeve with a hand-held cutting
tool. This manual re-work resulted in cuts or other surface damage on the low-pressure fuel supply line"
Sponsored

Last edited: