Sponsored

Ecoboost in DS autoX

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone!, I'm running my 16 Ecoboost in D Street and had a few questions. I'm running my stock premium wheels and thinking of running a 265 wide tire but not sure if it will rub or not. Also wondering if anyone is running competitively in DS on a Nation SCCA autoX level. Thanks!
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Hey everyone!, I'm running my 16 Ecoboost in D Street and had a few questions. I'm running my stock premium wheels and thinking of running a 265 wide tire but not sure if it will rub or not. Also wondering if anyone is running competitively in DS on a Nation SCCA autoX level. Thanks!
Find Des Toup's posts this year in the F Street thread.

destoups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Des
Vehicle(s)
Crimson red EB PP 10A
[MENTION=9216]BoostedMike[/MENTION], hi. It would depend on your wheel width and offset. The performance package has 9 inch wheels, and I've been running 275s and, currently, 285s with a 3mm spacer, so the 265 would fit fine.

Premium wheels, those are, what, 8 inches wide? A 265 might be a little much for the wheel. But I don't believe you would rub.

I am not terribly competitive but my co-driver did quite well in the car (podium at Nats). It was the only EB at Nats both years I took it, but I have seen three or four at regional Tours and Pros.

OP
OP
BoostedMike177

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I believe they are 8in wide. I'm actually thinking of going with the 17in base model wheels for cost saving on tires. They are 7.5in wide so maybe a 255 is about as wide as I'm going be able to fix. I now have two sets of the 18in premium wheels so I'll see if I can trade one set off for the base ones.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You can always run narrower tires on wider wheels, but if you buy a 7.5" wheel you're stuck with narrow tires.

If 20x9" foundry wheels were a standalone option, you could run a 19x9 legally.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Here is the 2016 order guide wheel info. Since you said stock premium wheels NightmareMoon is correct regarding the 20x9 wheel option. Per SCCA rules that means you can drop down to 19x9 which is good for performance BUT sticky tires aren't going to be cheap. Note that if you intend to be serious you need to pay attention to the wheel offsets compared to which ever stock optional wheel you are basing the competition wheel on.

[/url] [/[/IMG]

destoups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Des
Vehicle(s)
Crimson red EB PP 10A
[MENTION=9216]Boosted[/MENTION]Mike, getting out there and having some fun is the priority. Do what gets you seat time.

My concern with 17s is that you could wind up with even more compromised gearing (already an issue on EB manuals) or too much sidewall flex.

On 275/35s you've got a 26.6 diameter and about 58mph in second gear. The 255/40/17 is 25 diameter and about 54 at top of second (and it'll stop pulling hard a few mph before that).

Going with a 45 series might get you back some of that but then sidewall flex might be a problem.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought some EB PP wheels. They were on sale at CJ for $316.00 a set with sensors last week. I just plan on using tbe 255/40 19 Firestone Firehawks. Last year I was using the All season tires and had some really slow times...

OP
OP
BoostedMike177

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have ran three events on all seasons. They suck hands down but, I have paxed 26th, 21, 20. That's with a hand full of pro guys there, I'm definitely aiming to be competitive at a National level. I'll keep an eye out for 19x9. Can I run the GT PP wheels? I'm not sure of there offset compared to the EB PP wheels.

Sponsored

destoups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Des
Vehicle(s)
Crimson red EB PP 10A
[MENTION=9216]Boosted[/MENTION]Mike, the GT uses the same size front wheel (same offset, too) but a wider rear with a different offset.

Nothing will make a bigger difference than tires — except the seat time that gives you the confidence to use them to their full potential. Good luck!

OP
OP
BoostedMike177

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like I'm putting out big money for the 19s then! Thanks!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I have ran three events on all seasons. They suck hands down but, I have paxed 26th, 21, 20. That's with a hand full of pro guys there, I'm definitely aiming to be competitive at a National level. I'll keep an eye out for 19x9. Can I run the GT PP wheels? I'm not sure of there offset compared to the EB PP wheels.
You can't run GT PP wheels and stay in Street Class. Only what you could potentially get as a package on your car and you have to get entirety of the package.

OP
OP
BoostedMike177

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You can't run GT PP wheels and stay in Street Class. Only what you could potentially get as a package on your car and you have to get entirety of the package.
I can run the 19Ă—9 but not the 19x9.5 that comes on the rear. You are aloud + or - 1in in Dia and + or -7mm offset. The ecoboost has a 19x9 wheel option in the track pack I believe.
Sponsored