Ecoboost Exhaust Recommendations

ImBravo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang ecoboost premium
Hey Guys, decided to try nxt performance muffler delete axle back(until i save up for better) and honestly its not too bad lol... but i left the resonator on.. should i consider taking it off completely or replacing it with something else? Would it change the exhaust note drastically? or not even be worth messing with?
Any advice is welcome:)
Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
mbrp race :rockon:
Personally the best sounding and most bang for your buck, had it then and have it on my gt now too

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
I had the MBRP Race catback on my old ecoboost as well. I loved it. To my ears, nothing else came close for the ecoboosts. Only reason I don't have it on my GT now like @stannypack is I got an insanely good deal on a barely used Corsa Xtreme. But, I had every intention of MBRP again.

OP
OP

ImBravo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang ecoboost premium
I had the MBRP Race catback on my old ecoboost as well. I loved it. To my ears, nothing else came close for the ecoboosts. Only reason I don't have it on my GT now like @stannypack is I got an insanely good deal on a barely used Corsa Xtreme. But, I had every intention of MBRP again.
Definitely looking to get the mbrp forsure! Just waiting for some extra cash. Any advice on what i could do now with what i have currently? Possibly replacing the resonator with a mid muffler? Sorry, I’m pretty new to all this lol

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Definitely looking to get the mbrp forsure! Just waiting for some extra cash. Any advice on what i could do now with what i have currently? Possibly replacing the resonator with a mid muffler? Sorry, I’m pretty new to all this lol
So I should point out I'm a finance guy, so my answer may be different than others, I'm not really sure. But if I were you, I'd hold out until you can save the money for the one you want. Doing something now just means you're spending more money on something you're less interested in and further delaying getting to what you want. But you could also keep your eyes open for used catbacks while you're saving too. MBRP has a stainless option, so unless someone totally trashes it, it'll still be in great shape and you can save a little money. That's the route I would take. As a matter of fact, that's exactly the route I took with my GT. I was saving for either the MBRP, AWE, or Corsa all while keeping an eye on the marketplace here and FB. Then, someone was selling the Corsa Xtreme with less than 7k miles for $1k less than what they go for brand new. It was too good for me to pass up, but it was possible because I was patient.

Sponsored

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and @ImBravo, no need to apologize. Forums like this are exactly the place for us all to learn from one another, ask for advice/opinions, and build a community. If someone's making you feel the need to apologize for doing that, they're the problem, not you.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
See if you can snag one on fbmp, that's how I got my current exhaust for only 350
Sponsored