echoboost engine

echo16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 s550 ecoboost, 2006 cl500 mercedes,
I read an article last week that said the 2.3l echo boost engine is made in Spain. Tell me it isn't so.
Sponsored

OP
OP

echo16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Crap, too late. All of the cars i have owned in the past have been v-8 power. Im 63 years old now and went for mileage to do the snow bird thing from Washington state to Arizona.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Crap, too late. All of the cars i have owned in the past have been v-8 power. Im 63 years old now and went for mileage to do the snow bird thing from Washington state to Arizona.
You'll love the car anyways. Its a fun little machine. Since yours is a 16 you should have the updated American engine and no problems. I think the Spanish engine issue is a little overblown considering how many cars are on the road and how few people actually come to this forum.

OP
OP

echo16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response. After the final four ill be heading back to Seattle and ill check the engine numbers to see where it came from. Go Zags.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Thanks for the response. After the final four ill be heading back to Seattle and ill check the engine numbers to see where it came from. Go Zags.
Theres a big sticker on the front of the engine that tells you which plant it came from when you get ready to look.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I read an article last week that said the 2.3l echo boost engine is made in Spain. Tell me it isn't so.
2.3 production switched from Spain to US 2 years ago and some parts are still made in Spain and shipped to the US. Late 2015 and all 2016/2017 have US built engines. No one has produced a shred of physical evidence to support claims.of differences between the engines.

As a side note, the fastest EBs are.all Spanish built and that includes both stock and tuned.

In 2014 the Valencia EB PP Auto hit 60 in 5.2. Motortrrend tested a 2016 and it took 6.3.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/perfor...-mustang-gt-versus-2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost

Motortrrend 2016

Most recently, we tested a 2016 Mustang EcoBoost for a Motor Trend comparison test. It was tested on March 30, 2016. This car was equipped with the six-speed manual transmission and Performance package, and it weighed 3,622 pounds, the lightest we’ve tested. It was also the slowest, needing 6.3 seconds to hit 60 mph and running a 14.5-second quarter mile at 98.0 mph.

Last edited:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
The motortrend one if I remember correctly there was speculation if 93 octane was used or 91. Also, 15 degree shift in weather, humidity, and shifting has drastic results. The gearing on a PP stang also adds time because of a dead zone in RPM's. A simple tune can drastically improve the performance of a PP.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Echo...echo...echo...

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I just had a quick look under my engine cover of my 15, with the notion to myself "I sell the car if it has a Spain built engine' but it appeared to be a Cleveland built after all. EB 15, blend date 20/05/2015

Cheers!

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I just had a quick look under my engine cover of my 15, with the notion to myself "I sell the car if it has a Spain built engine' but it appeared to be a Cleveland built after all. EB 15, blend date 20/05/2015

Cheers!
We "Valencia Mustang" owners are real happy that you have a Cleveland built motor, Cheers big ears...
all0.gif

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
2.3 production switched from Spain to US 2 years ago and some parts are still made in Spain and shipped to the US. Late 2015 and all 2016/2017 have US built engines. No one has produced a shred of physical evidence to support claims.of differences between the engines.

As a side note, the fastest EBs are.all Spanish built and that includes both stock and tuned.

In 2014 the Valencia EB PP Auto hit 60 in 5.2. Motortrrend tested a 2016 and it took 6.3.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/perfor...-mustang-gt-versus-2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost

Motortrrend 2016

Most recently, we tested a 2016 Mustang EcoBoost for a Motor Trend comparison test. It was tested on March 30, 2016. This car was equipped with the six-speed manual transmission and Performance package, and it weighed 3,622 pounds, the lightest we’ve tested. It was also the slowest, needing 6.3 seconds to hit 60 mph and running a 14.5-second quarter mile at 98.0 mph.
doesn't matter what you think, no one wants the Spain build version 1, if you get one well you knew you taking a gamble buying first year model car which shouldn't be a big deal if you don't mod and keep warranty. The evidence is clear, much more than normal blown motors are Valencia vs Clevelands that's enough evidence for most people.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
doesn't matter what you think, no one wants the Spain build version 1, if you get one well you knew you taking a gamble buying first year model car which shouldn't be a big deal if you don't mod and keep warranty. The evidence is clear, much more than normal blown motors are Valencia vs Clevelands that's enough evidence for most people.

To add on this, even if there is no hard concrete facts behind the claim, does not mean it is not true. Figure most people on this forum mod their cars, and 90% of the blown motors in the ecoboost section were modified early 2015's. Sure there are some that are fine...for now. Even later builds can blow up but there isnt nearly as many as the early builds. Dont try to defend the spanish motors. Its evident that they have a higher chance to blow once modified. Doesnt mean they will, but the risk is greater.
Sponsored