tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Exactly the CX racing is the only cheap option I would consider. everything fits just as good as an expensive kit. you just have to provide your own turbos
Will have to look into that one havent heard of it. What turbos would you recommend?
Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
t3 .63 housings are too small for a TT coyote. You'd have valve float at 1 psi boost lol. Also, where is the merge for the cold side or does just one turbo flow into the intercooler haha

Cheap is a great way to get into boost if you are handy and can cut/weld/fabricate your way out of problems. Check my build thread if you want to see of what you might be up against.

I did exactly that with a CX Racing kit and saved A TON of money over a Hellion, Aldowelds, etc etc branded kit.
Thanks for the info, definitely knew atleast the 1000hp was bs.

Seller said there is no instructions and recommends "pro installer"

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info, definitely knew atleast the 1000hp was bs.

Seller said there is no instructions and recommends "pro installer"
The 1000 HP isn't BS the correct turbos on a Coyote will easily surpass 1000. Those manifolds are the real problem

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Exactly the CX racing is the only cheap option I would consider. everything fits just as good as an expensive kit. you just have to provide your own turbos
Yes, just have to keep in mind the CX kit is designed around the mt82, so if the car is an auto, you'll have to relocate the wastegates.

I actually think your can have a custom turbo kit made for some of those prices, especially a BL Fab which requires the front swaybar to be permanently removed, and other more expensive kits 10k

CX would be a nice go between, you would need a pump for the turbos unless you go comp but those turbos are close to 2k a peice. That tells you where a lot of the money goes when creating one of these kits. I conside BW to have the best turbos, but I never see a kit with them. it is interesting.

I'm waiting on CX to get those bottom mount kits back in stock... it is taking quite a while. They do not have an ETA on them returning to stock.d

totally agree. If youre handy, you can get to the end goal A LOT cheaper than using the brand name stuff. Regarding the pump.. use the Italian-made Marco brand pumps. That's what im using -- 100% duty cycle, HIGH quality piece.

Funny you mention the bw turbos. When my motor blew, it took out the passenger side turbo. I was sooooooo close to buying 2 bw s362's but wasn't sure if they'd fit! I know the s257sxe will fit, but I didn't want to go down in turbine/compressor size vs what I had on the car prior.

I ended up just replacing the damaged CX ball bearing unit with another CX unit. For $550, they're hard to beat and the quality is better than most china stuff out there.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
it's really not hard to put together a turbo setup. you can use the stock manifolds and a tube kmember with motor mounts. this will give you all the room in the world

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, just have to keep in mind the CX kit is designed around the mt82, so if the car is an auto, you'll have to relocate the wastegates.

totally agree. If youre handy, you can get to the end goal A LOT cheaper than using the brand name stuff. Regarding the pump.. use the Italian-made Marco brand pumps. That's what im using -- 100% duty cycle, HIGH quality piece.

Funny you mention the bw turbos. When my motor blew, it took out the passenger side turbo. I was sooooooo close to buying 2 bw s362's but wasn't sure if they'd fit! I know the s257sxe will fit, but I didn't want to go down in turbine/compressor size vs what I had on the car prior.

I ended up just replacing the damaged CX ball bearing unit with another CX unit. For $550, they're hard to beat and the quality is better than most china stuff out there.
hows the noise on that pump?
isnt it a rebrand?

I believe there are 2 kinds of 257s, I'll check.
I'm looking at twin EFR8474, wastegated to run in my top mount setup.
The swing valves in those are completely isolated in the Twin Scroll and it completely bypasses the turbine. The size of the valves itself is 42mm.
If that doesn't pan out I'll go S364SX-E borgs journal bearing airwerks, spool nearly as quick as the bb stuff but it's likely lots more sensitve to the A/R sizing.

The GammaTi turbine wheels in the EFRs are super sex. 30%-40% lighter than inconel

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
it's really not hard to put together a turbo setup. you can use the stock manifolds and a tube kmember with motor mounts. this will give you all the room in the world

The BMR K member really opened up a TON of space on mine. Made things much easier for sure.

I wish I could get some softer motor mounts though... the red poly stuff is too firm.

hows the noise on that pump?
isnt it a rebrand?

I believe there are 2 kinds of 257s, I'll check.
I'm looking at twin EFR8474, wastegated to run in my top mount setup.
The swing valves in those are completely isolated in the Twin Scroll and it completely bypasses the turbine. The size of the valves itself is 42mm.
If that doesn't pan out I'll go S364SX-E borgs journal bearing airwerks, spool nearly as quick as the bb stuff but it's likely lots more sensitve to the A/R sizing.

The GammaTi turbine wheels in the EFRs are super sex. 30%-40% lighter than inconel

Marco is the actual brand of the high end pumps. Everyone is coping them or rebranding Marco's stuff like turbowerx and RB Racing.

Gears are helical and the pump is pretty darn quiet. You cannot hear it when the car is running.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The BMR K member really opened up a TON of space on mine. Made things much easier for sure.

I wish I could get some softer motor mounts though... the red poly stuff is too firm.

Marco is the actual brand of the high end pumps. Everyone is coping them or rebranding Marco's stuff like turbowerx and RB Racing.

Gears are helical and the pump is pretty darn quiet. You cannot hear it when the car is running.
which one you get?
as far as tube kmember I'm going steeda so that I can still move the radiator fwd.
I'd like to not have to move the ECU/Fusebox or the AC lines. We shall see.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
?

Is this the kit https://www.cxracing.com/MF-IC-KIT-50-MUSTANG15 ?

It says they recommend oil less turbos. I've only heard good things about the comp v3 oil less turbos. What turbos would you recommend? The comp ones seem expensive.

Also would you need to cut and re-weld the wastegate pipping or do you think there is something you could buy?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is this the kit https://www.cxracing.com/MF-IC-KIT-50-MUSTANG15 ?

It says they recommend oil less turbos. I've only heard good things about the comp v3 oil less turbos. What turbos would you recommend? The comp ones seem expensive.

Also would you need to cut and re-weld the wastegate pipping or do you think there is something you could buy?
Comp Oil-less(Air Cooled)/water-cooled only prevents the user from needing to run oil lines and a pump to get the oil back up to the Sump some kind of way. Honestly they are not the most expensive turbos out. More along the lines of middle of the road. Over the life of the turbo though you will spend more money because of the grease packs. I personally wouldn't go that route for a daily.

why would you need to cut and re-weld the wastegate piping? it just dumps to atmosphere like 99 percent of all other low mounts out there. unless you want the dump to run into the exhaust I don't see why you would have to do that if you're a manual. I believe the kit was made around a MT82

The real problem is getting a cx-racing kit for now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Comp Oil-less(Air Cooled)/water-cooled only prevents the user from needing to run oil lines and a pump to get the oil back up to the Sump some kind of way. Honestly they are not the most expensive turbos out. More along the lines of middle of the road. Over the life of the turbo though you will spend more money because of the grease packs. I personally wouldn't go that route for a daily.

why would you need to cut and re-weld the wastegate piping? it just dumps to atmosphere like 99 percent of all other low mounts out there. unless you want the dump to run into the exhaust I don't see why you would have to do that if you're a manual. I believe the kit was made around a MT82

The real problem is getting a cx-racing kit for now.
I ask because it looks like the waste gate pipping is welded in and I have a 6r80 and he said I would have to modify the wastegate pipping since it was built for an mt-82.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...uild-under-5k-including-fuel-upgrades.113637/ this guy had to cut and relocate the wastegates because of his 10r80

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I ask because it looks like the waste gate pipping is welded in and I have a 6r80 and he said I would have to modify the wastegate pipping since it was built for an mt-82.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...uild-under-5k-including-fuel-upgrades.113637/ this guy had to cut and relocate the wastegates because of his 10r80
Yea @gimmie11s had to do some work: It isn't a universal kit. it's made for MT82 Mustangs.
Automatic transmissions are larger than Manuals.
Sponsored