Sponsored

E85 worth it?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I suspect fore being a small company could not assume the risk of the internet fallout if they people were blowing up motors and not warned. it is still a liability. I know why it is a problem, it is not hard to understand and not hard to avoid operating in a manner that is a problem. Don't do passes on low gas, don't sit in stop and go traffic with low gas, don't flog it for long periods with low gas, probably wise to avoid low gas with high oat. I dont daily, my car sits in climate control, and i have 50 to 100 gallons of e85 on hand. It isn't rocket surgery. It works for me, and i know for a fact it works for others. There is still risk, but the probability is closer to zero than one. Same with the vortech, I operate it in cold environment, (this warning is comparable) but only after I came out of a 60 degree garage. I wouldn't let it cold soak then go flog it, just as I won't make a pass with less than 3/4 tank.
Now you're backpedaling. You can't say "it works just fine for me" and then admit that you're constrained to driving like Miss Daisy when the fuel is low. Well duh, yeah, if you do as advised and don't mash anytime under 1/2 tank, sure it works.

"Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

We're sitting here talking about how electric vehicles are shit in the extreme cold and you're screaming they're not, only to discover you don't drive in cold weather.

Yes, we can agree, if you limit yourself to never driving beyond a mom mobile when the fuel is low, there's nothing wrong with a naked pump setup.
Sponsored