Sponsored

E85 capability

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
I'm thinking about going with the EB instead of a GT for handling and price reasons. I still want to get the most power though and E85 is great for turbo cars. I have also had some people tell me its bad for DI injectors and possibly the HPFP also, does anybody to E85 conversions on the other Ecoboost 4 cylinders?
Sponsored

JR

MPT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morepowertuning.com
First Name
JR
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3L
We've seen some gains with the 3.5L EB by blending in some E85 to get some of the added resistance to knock and detonation. My Mustang EB will see a lot of dyno time, so I'll keep you guys up to date.

86GT

Threads
Reaction score
There's a guy somewhere on this board with an E85 Focus ST.

I think I saw an E85 2.0T make around 300whp with a slightly larger turbo

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
We've seen some gains with the 3.5L EB by blending in some E85 to get some of the added resistance to knock and detonation. My Mustang EB will see a lot of dyno time, so I'll keep you guys up to date.
What software..?

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
My sheriffs office I worked for had free Ford test cars running only on E85. They were JUNK in less than a year from that crap eating up the components. I will never use straight E85. It's bad enough having 10%. I'd rather drive an EV.

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
You get a bit higher octane rating from E85, but are all the negatives worth it?

Reduced energy content per gallon, lower mileage per tank, higher cost per mile driven, redirection of food to energy, many reported incidents of premature engine degradation. Save the planet, drive up food prices, and prematurely destroy your engine. What's not to like?
Sponsored