Sponsored

Dual climate A/C

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
When my climate controls are set to Auto, but A/C is off, setting the temperature to say, 65 does not turn on the A/C. In other cars I have been in, the A/C turns on or off depending on the temperate you request. I can also turn the A/C on and run heat at the same time. When auto is on, shouldn't the A/C toggle itself on and off?
Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Yes the A/C should toggle itself when adjusting the temp setting, provided it is in Auto mode. Something is broke.

OP
OP

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Would someone mind posting a video? I am looking for proof that the A/C goes on and off in AUTO when changing the temperature from hot to cold and back to hot.

Went to there dealership today and service said it was normal. I didn't believe them so they let me start up a new Ecoboost and it acted the same way.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It depends outside temperature. I notice when it's below 50F the AC does not turn on when you hit Auto.
If you don't want auto, just set your temperature, it will still automatically regulate temperature.
All Auto does is set fan speed and vent mode automatically which don't always work the best.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Hold the phone!, You are wanting to know if the led in the A/C button goes off or on indicating the A/C is actually switching? At least that what I am understanding now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
To clarify, of course the LED turns on and off when I press the A/C button. Curious if it turns on and off by itself when in AUTO mode and I change the temperature setting.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
car is behaving correctly. My last three fords have behaved this way. Generally, I leave my temps at 71 degrees and on auto.

When it gets cool, like in the fall and winter, I turn the AC switch off. this saves fuel economy. if I get hot and turn the temp down, to say 65, it will make the fan go faster, but not turn the compressor on.

Having the auto turned on will not cycle the ac light on and off...it is rather on or off as you choose.

again, 3 fords in a row.....in general, i have found the temp setting never needs to change more than 4 degrees. 68-72. Even if it is 105 degrees, 71 degrees and the ac blows cold as ice. The fan blows fast. Then as it cools down, the fan slows down.

In the winter. 71 degrees.... on the inside even if it is minus five outside. the cars climate system adjusts the amount of heat and fan to reach your desired temp.

The only thing a user has to do is turn the ac on or off when it gets warmer then you inside desired temp.
Sponsored