Sponsored

DSS Halfshafts Installed

Lpride7179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I finally got my DSS halfshafts installed. Everything went fine during the installation. The only thing I've noticed is that the car seems to feel like it's swaying more in the rear. I don't know if an alignment is nessecary after this installation. Everything drives fine with no noises or anything, just feels like the rear end is moving side to side when I hit a bump on the highway or something. Anyone else experience this with upgraded halfshafts? Would rather not spend money on an alignment and that's not the issue
Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Not sure if an alignment would be necessary.... I havent heard of that issue yet. Obviously re-check that the lugs on your rear wheels are torqued down. Other than that Im not sure. sub'd

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No clue on what's involved with installing those, as in do you have to take any of the suspension arms off? If so, In my other vehicle all the joints are supposed to be tightened down with the weight of the vehicle on the springs. Sorry if it's not the correct info for installing half shafts.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did you check the torque on the axle bolts? Hopefully you did. Lot of people had issue with them being loose on arrival.

OP
OP

Lpride7179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was unaware of an issue with the axle bolts. Do you have the torque spec on them?

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Yep I had this same issue. Fixed by having the car leasing the suspension and re torquing

I've seen this come up a few time. Can you explain in more detail what you did for us mechanically inept folks?

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I've seen this come up a few time. Can you explain in more detail what you did for us mechanically inept folks?
I believe doodguy put the suspension under load and then re-torqued everything to spec to resolve his issues.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I believe doodguy put the suspension under load and then re-torqued everything to spec to resolve his issues.
Yep that's correct

Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
OP
OP

Lpride7179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks y'all. That was it. I went back and loaded the suspension and torqued everything. Drives great now!