Driving from San Francisco to Maryland in 14' stang

Canktm25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
15' Ruby Red GT Premium PP leather Recaros
On January 17 I'm flying first class to San Francisco to meet up with my step son who is in the Navy We are going to drive across country to his new assignment in Maryland.

We will be taking turns driving his Race Red '14 Mustang V6 6 speed across this great country (2900 miles) I'm thinking we will take route 40 through Flagstaff and then maybe south from there into central Texas. Our plan is to stay away from the colder temps once away from flagstaff.

With my 2015 Mustang GT PP stored for the winter this will be a welcome break from the Vermont cold . If you see a red stang with a loud pypes exhaust with NY plates that's probably us :thumbsup:
Sponsored

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Give a shout if you go through Dallas!

Always loved the coast-to-coast drives when I was in the Navy.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I'd be careful taking 40. Lots of snow lately up around Flag lately it seems.

If you want to go south, head through Tucson and visit the Air Force boneyard on the way by if you've never been, amazing place.

Then go through San Antonio and dine on the riverwalk and visit the Alamo (just take off your hat...)

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
Just made that run last summer and had a blast!! I stuck to Route 50 for most of the way out and then went south through the top of Texas for the way back. Epic road trip, you will have a blast! Drove up Pikes Peak, went flat out at Bonneville, drove down Lombard Street.

Sponsored

Diggitydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GHIG GT Vert
I'd be careful taking 40. Lots of snow lately up around Flag lately it seems.

If you want to go south, head through Tucson and visit the Air Force boneyard on the way by if you've never been, amazing place.

Then go through San Antonio and dine on the riverwalk and visit the Alamo (just take off your hat...)
Totally agree with the south route. Done a few spring time drives from Arizona north in Mustangs and snow is not fun on factory tires. Take the long route south and enjoy the weather along the south side, don't tempt the snow.

Drive safe and enjoy!

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
On January 17 I'm flying first class to San Francisco to meet up with my step son who is in the Navy We are going to drive across country to his new assignment in Maryland.

We will be taking turns driving his Race Red '14 Mustang V6 6 speed across this great country (2900 miles) I'm thinking we will take route 40 through Flagstaff and then maybe south from there into central Texas. Our plan is to stay away from the colder temps once away from flagstaff.

With my 2015 Mustang GT PP stored for the winter this will be a welcome break from the Vermont cold . If you see a red stang with a loud pypes exhaust with NY plates that's probably us :thumbsup:
Ditto the southern route (even getting out of California would be tricky if you went via Interstate 80 through Reno and beyond). Suggest head down Southern California via Interstate 5 through Bakersfield onto Interstate 10 until past El Paso and then curl up to Interstate 20, avoiding anything North of Interstate 40 until east of the Mississippi this time of year. You can then judge the weather and conditions and ease up to Interstate 70 and 68 through the West Virginia panhandle into Maryland straight into Baltimore and the DC region.

Debbie@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Have fun and be safe.
Sponsored