Drive Shaft Shop 800hp Half Shafts

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Am I the only one who was able to get the driver side shaft in perfectly with no effort and the passenger side would not go in at all? I'm probably at least an inch away from it being in all the way.

:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
Sponsored

Last edited:

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Do you read what you type?

OP
OP
havasu486

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Be sure to be centered and have the splines lubed. With the knuckle out of the way I had lots of room. Several moderate pushes using both hands from the outside should do the trick for you to hear the click.

Last edited:

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Sounds to me like you have them on backwards. I had the same issues. I matched the stock shafts to the dss halfshafts when in fact they install opposite.
I say pull the one out that is all the way in and install on opposite side, then install remaining halfshaft on other end. You should be able to get them to seat all the way in. Sounds like you have it on backwards.

OP
OP
havasu486

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
They were reversed. Dramad1 is correct the DSS shafts are opposite of the factory based on shape of the shafts themselves. Something The Drive Shaft Shop could have saved me much grief with a sharpie or a decal designating left from right. Forget instructions in the box or even online. But they are open five days a week.

Bottom line is even though they give you an unknown length tagged on each shaft the key is the length from the inner joint to the end of the shaft that fits inside the differential.

I hope they make a good product because based on my experience so far I would not recommend The Drive Shaft Shop to anyone. Seriously, instructions or even a decal designating from right is to much to ask for???????
Sponsored