Sponsored

Dragy 60-130

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Ya the 6.65 is pretty unreasonable. Great setup, tons of weight reduction, and possibly some nitro mix. Point was to show that some people go crazy fast n/a.

Every time I look at that Facebook page I get depressed with how slow my car is haha
I didn’t even think about nitrous when referring to N/A, I consider that a power adder like forced induction. A FBO E85 with max weight reduction and a 175 shot probably isn't considered by most people a traditional “N/A” build anymore. It’s a full blown power adder.
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I didn’t even think about nitrous when referring to N/A, I consider that a power adder like forced induction. A FBO E85 with max weight reduction and a 175 shot probably isn't considered by most people a traditional “N/A” build anymore. It’s a full blown power adder.
Nitromethane not nitrous. Sorry should have clarified.

Some N/A guys will mix in nitromethane fuel. Nitromethane is a crazy powerful fuel because it contains a lot of oxygen but it also has a super low air to fuel ratio which means you have to have super big injectors and a good pump. It’s the fuel they use in top fuel cars. I think they use like 11 gallons in a run.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I guess we have different definitions of skinny. Yours seems more... American.
His numbers sound right. Throw a skinny tire upfront and run atleast a 275 slick out the back. I don’t know how much smaller you can go on the rear and still get traction on an unprepped surface.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Did you mean Nitropropane ?
I’ve never heard of nitropropane but it makes more sense that it’s that. Still has oxygen in it like nitromethane but mixes with gas while nitromethane is usually mixed with alcohol.

I’ll see if I can find some more info on which one it is. People just refer to it as “nitro”.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I’ve never heard of nitropropane but it makes more sense that it’s that. Still has oxygen in it like nitromethane but mixes with gas while nitromethane is usually mixed with alcohol.

I’ll see if I can find some more info on which one it is. People just refer to it as “nitro”.
Looked into it and seems people run both. Nitromethane seems to be way better for hp but looks like you have to run alcohol for it to mix. Most people seem to switch to methanol when running nitromethane but I don’t see why e85 or e98 wouldn’t work with nitromethane aswell. Only reason I see for the methanol is that It’s better than the ethanol for making power.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any examples of a NA coyote running 'nitro'?

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Any examples of a NA coyote running 'nitro'?
I know there was a dude on the page who ran a very low 9 second quarter mile that was running nitro. I’ll look to see if I can find some dragy or quarter mile passes or posts with people running it.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I know there was a dude on the page who ran a very low 9 second quarter mile that was running nitro.
Nitro is brutal on elastomers. The exhaust is highly acidic so I’m unsure how the wide band 02’s and OEM ECU function unless the mix percentage is extremely low.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Get the GT350 manifold, use the PP2 TB and CAI and find a real tuner, I think one was mentioned.
Which tuner are you referring to?

Who are your top choices?

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Nitro is brutal on elastomers. The exhaust is highly acidic so I’m unsure how the wide band 02’s and OEM ECU function unless the mix percentage is extremely low.
Ya I tried finding some concrete info on mixes or times but either I’m not searching the right stuff or people are not making much info public. I just know that people mention it a lot and that the hardcore guys are defiantly willing to run it. Some guys spend like $20k+ fully building a motor when they could keep the motor stock bolt on a $5k supercharger and make similar power.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Ya I tried finding some concrete info on mixes or times but either I’m not searching the right stuff or people are not making much info public. I just know that people mention it a lot and that the hardcore guys are defiantly willing to run it. Some guys spend like $20k+ fully building a motor when they could keep the motor stock bolt on a $5k supercharger and make similar power.
20K isn’t much for a motor if doing an exotic fuel like Nitro. Nitro requires Inconel valves and Beryllium copper or Moldstar-90 valve seats.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know some of those 700-800hp engines from places like Holbrook will run C25....

Isn't nitromethane like $50 a gallon?

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I know some of those 700-800hp engines from places like Holbrook will run C25....

Isn't nitromethane like $50 a gallon?
Angus Fuel stepped away from making Nitro back in 2006. Fuel teams use Chinese made Nitro, it has a higher purity than domestic but I’m going back almost two decades when Don Schumacher racing was the only guy getting the Offshore Nitro. That’s one of the reasons Tony was unstoppable back then.