Sponsored

Draft letter to go out to dealers -- thoughts and experiences

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Mikeyjobu, I don't mean to sound critical, But I think you may be making the whole process more complicated than it needs to be.
Why not just go to the Ford website, build your car there just as you like it, print it out, and take it to the dealers and make your best deal.
I am not so sure that many dealers are going to want to do all the research you require from your letter, knowing that you might not even ever show up to the dealership. It just seems to me that going in prepared, and meeting face to face is your best bet....
Sponsored

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Mikeyjobu, I don't mean to sound critical, But I think you may be making the whole process more complicated than it needs to be.
Why not just go to the Ford website, build your car there just as you like it, print it out, and take it to the dealers and make your best deal.
I am not so sure that many dealers are going to want to do all the research you require from your letter, knowing that you might not even ever show up to the dealership. It just seems to me that going in prepared, and meeting face to face is your best bet....
Noted - I may go ahead and send a feeler out and see what comes back - most dealerships have Internet Sales departments these days, and will respond for an easy sale. I don't disagree that I might be making this more complex than it needs to be - but this won't be a small purchase for me.

OP
OP
mikeyjobu

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Thanks to all who've responded - I appreciate everyone's kind input!

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Sure, feel free to use whatever you want form the email I sent to the local dealers. I found this approach saved me a lot of time. It tells them specifically what I wanted, and a starting point (X-Plan price) for pricing. I know a few other members have successfully used this approach as well. Good luck!

Elusive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Hey Mikey - I was just as excited as you when first sending out emails to local dealers, but I think you need to shorten it. I got better results when I was as concise as possible and also sending a link to a specific build I made on the Ford site and offering a price I wanted to pay out the door. The dealerships who were willing to negotiate called me back and I was able to use their different offers as leverage against each other to get the best deal. It takes a little effort to get a great deal but it def helps if you start with x plan or costco pricing to set a lower baseline to start negotiations with. Good luck!
Sponsored