Sponsored

Door aligment

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So - how hard do you have to smack the door for it to close properly?

I have to give it quite a swing..I don't mind, but I can remember the fridge-doorthud my 4-series gave vs the clunk the gt350 gives..
Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't take much effort if any to close mine.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Both of mine make a resounding THUMP, and do not require any excessive force.

OP
OP
Deca

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
ok and standing in the front, looking along the door-rubber, is it fully aligned with the rubber/part of the rear? (going under the small side window)

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
While on the subject of opening doors, I offer the following tidbit:

The window retraction occurs when the door begins to open, not when the handle is activated (like on a couple of our German cars). Thus, what I do is place my thumb on the fixed portion of the door handle, keeping the door in the closed position while pulling the door handle with my other fingers, unlatching it. Once unlatched, I slowly open the door (which at this point still appears to be closed) a bit, until the window retracts, at which time the door can be fully opened. This eliminates the possibility of the window catching if the door is opened too quickly.

With our German cars, opening the door handle part way retracts the window first - then, the door can be fully unlatched by fully activating the handle.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
So - how hard do you have to smack the door for it to close properly?

I have to give it quite a swing..I don't mind, but I can remember the fridge-doorthud my 4-series gave vs the clunk the gt350 gives..
Is window down about 1/2" and going up after door closes?

Are both doors the same?

Is glass up and square across the top edge?

Compare the doors see the glass is flush.

OP
OP
Deca

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Glass is flush and windows open and close as they should. Both doors the same. The weatherstripping isnt really aligned and the car sound a bit cheap when closing the door + needs a good swing, or it will go half way only.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Adjust your door latch so it engages properly or take it to the dealer and have them do it.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Glass is flush and windows open and close as they should. Both doors the same. The weatherstripping isnt really aligned and the car sound a bit cheap when closing the door + needs a good swing, or it will go half way only.
Not sure what you mean weatherstripping isn't aligned? My doors close easily and sound really solid, guess its dealer time. Or post some video

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
I had panel fitment issues on mine and the dealer was able to aadjust both doors to operate more smoothly. One was so bad that the door was rubbing the fender when opened/closed. required some touch-up paint too unfortunately. Ford's QC is probably the worst out of any car I've ever owned.
Sponsored