Doesn't feel like 460hp...?

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I know exactly why it doesn't feel as fast as say a Camaro SS or a ScatPack.. it doesn't have the off idle torque those cars have. I had a 2016 A8 Scat Pack challenger before my 2018 GT and the Scat had so much low end torque that it was hard not to light up the tires leaving a stoplight. it felt way faster.... but it's not.
Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Im the opposite in feeling, granted though my car came off the boat, got a supercharger on it then to me. I never drove one without a blower but mine has plenty of low end torque :p

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
748HP here and I’m already “used” to it myself. Guess it’s better to be actually going fast than just feeling like it. Us and our first world problems, right?

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Just an observation, but the car just doesn't feel like it has 460hp. It just doesn't seem fast enough for the power rating. I almost wonder if they're a bit generous with the rating from the factory... Car is a 10 speed with 3.55's, I even run 94 octane.

I absolutely love the car, it just feels slower than it's rated for.
tenor (2).gif

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Seriously though;
It is (the hp) still impressive from my '17 w/435 hp.
However, I agree with the op.
Seems there is a lag in full on power delivery with these cars.

My 2015 SS Camaro was instant realization of 'full power'
I swear that thing was like it was going to do a 'wheelie' every time I poked it.........

When I smoked the guy in the Chevy, I had a running start from 55 mph or so.
I just motored right by him; well over 100 mph......... (2 mile strait)

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I know exactly why it doesn't feel as fast as say a Camaro SS or a ScatPack.. it doesn't have the off idle torque those cars have. I had a 2016 A8 Scat Pack challenger before my 2018 GT and the Scat had so much low end torque that it was hard not to light up the tires leaving a stoplight. it felt way faster.... but it's not.
Yeah man the Challengers are street brawlers. My friend has an 18 392 and we play around from time to time when out cruising. I finally got him on Saturday. Normally he gets me out of the hole every time.

My girlfriend wants a Charger. I keep nodding her towards one just so I can drive it from time to time lol

Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Understanding how the "drive by wire" works may explain why you dont feel that "bang" when to tap the gas petal. Manufactures tune the car for the masses. They tune the car so that it doesnt react so quick as to cause a problem with their target customers and make it easier to drive. In other words they slow down the throttle response to make the car more streetable. You can always add a Throttle controler to negate for "user friendly" factory settings in throttle response, or just get a tune. I did this to my GT and I only made a very small adjustment to get the response I felt was lacking from the factory.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I think it depends how you drive it. It can feel "slow" when I shift below 3000rpm but when I keep it over 4500rpm in all gears it feels very fast :)
Good point I think the problem of sorts is 4500 RPM around town is romping things a bit while say 3000 is reasonable and civilized in my view. Hence why the LS motors feel stronger "around town". Now with the addition of the 10 speed that should improve the situation compared to previous years. This was one reason I never considered the GT until the 10 speed addition I just felt it was going to be too slow feeling with the 6 speed auto in regular driving. But that was just an assumption mind you.

But these are just observations not complaints as I do love this damned car!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
This is a great thread & I've been saying exactly as the OP since i got the car 2 weeks ago. Like him I love the car even though its kind of slow LOL & I am on 94 octane currently too. I came from a 2013 Camaro SS that made 400 HP stock but it had great low end grunt that pushed you into the seat. My GF says the Mustang is slower than the Camaro :). Of course it isn't. What I've figured out is becasuse the Camaro was so quiet with the stock exhaust I was giving it more pedal whereas the GT roars and I tend to let off a bit as it sounds like I'm hammering on it by comparison. I haven't had a chance to come onto the car full yet as I only have 750 KM on it (450 miles?).

I did a quick snap off a light the other day to get to an on ramp and it took off Hella fast. And as many note the speed is deceptive. The Camaro never felt as fast as the speedo said and this car is even more conservative feeling in terms of speed .I think the one gripe I have with the feel of the Coyote is in normal driving you don't feel the power with just a touch of the throttle it seems to need a pretty good push. The Camaro always felt responsive in the low RPM range. That said I'll take this GT all day long over the Camaro!
Rage3D?