Sponsored

Does Ford Have a Mustang Surprise for the 60th Anniversary?

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The last I read the S650’s sales were down 17% from last year. They need something to boost interest!
That might be because price is up 17% from last year! And they don't really look that good.
Sponsored

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Todd Axxx

We appreciate your flexibility and willingness to attend your Mach 1 Track Attack one day earlier than expected. Please see below for your updated drive date and times. Please note the Track Attack will finish at night under the lights! In addition, there will be no evening welcome reception, however we will host lunch at the Speedway Club on April 16th. We will also be providing a tour of Stewart-Haas Racing on April 17th, prior to the 60th anniversary celebration.

Lil birdie told me that the 17th @ Charolette Motor Speedway there will be "Product Anouncements!"

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
unless BOSS is in it's name, there's nothing more they can do.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Last fall when I was fueling my 2008 GT 500 for storage, a fellow pulled up behind me. He walked over and complemented me on my car. He identified himself as a general sales manager for a large Ford Dealer in the area. I told him I really enjoyed my Shelby but would like to have a new one. He told me that I may wait a while until Ford made another Shelby. BTW, the folks over at GT500 Forums are saying Ford will no longer do a Shelby. They will exist as cars form Shelby America, converted GT's.
He also told me that he has been hearing rumors of a new Ford Mustang "COBRA" coming.
I read today that FORD has a surprise for the New York auto show. Could it be a new version of the Mustang for the 60th?
Or will it be a Maverick with 20 inch tires>
I was at that show....this was front and center at the Ford display....GTD
Looked great in person eventhough I like S550 better. Full blooded race horse!
3894986A-B44F-461D-8279-9D07D5163066_1_105_c.jpeg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The GTD is a special Mustang, but a stratospheric price tag. If a top end Dark Horse is $90K and the GTD is $300K-ish, how many more cars will they sell if they bring out $150K Mustang?
If Ford brought out a Mustang similar to a GTD, but with a 5 liter NA engine (larger would be preferred, but I would be ok with a 5.0), a manual transaxle and normal steel/aluminum body panels and priced it with an acceptable profit margin, I think they would sell quite a few. Now, if the MSRP had to be over $100K for it, that would limit quantities, but if they could get it close to $100K, I bet Ford would sell as many as they made.

The last I read the S650’s sales were down 17% from last year. They need something to boost interest!
Price reduction definitely would be helpful. As long as decently equipped GTs are below $40K I have some interest. At $50-70K or beyond, no thanks.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If Ford brought out a Mustang similar to a GTD, but with a 5 liter NA engine (larger would be preferred, but I would be ok with a 5.0), a manual transaxle and normal steel/aluminum body panels and priced it with an acceptable profit margin, I think they would sell quite a few. Now, if the MSRP had to be over $100K for it, that would limit quantities, but if they could get it close to $100K, I bet Ford would sell as many as they made.
This is the dream. My guess is the transaxle will remain limited to the GTD. I’ll be curious to see what the next Shelby/Cobra/whatever they’re going to call it high HP variant will be. It will almost certainly be FI though would be my guess. A TT offering would be cool, something different since the most recent offerings have been S/C (aside from the NA GT350).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This is the dream. My guess is the transaxle will remain limited to the GTD. I’ll be curious to see what the next Shelby/Cobra/whatever they’re going to call it high HP variant will be. It will almost certainly be FI though would be my guess. A TT offering would be cool, something different since the most recent offerings have been S/C (aside from the NA GT350).
I understand most people focus on high horsepower for performance, so you are probably more aligned with what Ford would do and what would sell best.

I don't really like forced induction. And turbos suck in my opinion. I absolutely despise really heavy vehicles and slow throttle response. I'd much rather see a larger displacement NA engine if power is deemed to be insufficient. It doesn't take a big change in the overall size of an engine to get a lot more displacement. I think the 5.0 can be ok as long as the weight of the vehicle is kept under control, though.
Sponsored