Sponsored

Dodge Challenger Demon

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If this is it, I'll be disappointed. Those fender flares :( Still, could be worse, they could be riveted on!
demon-jpg.jpg
Prepare to be disappointed Paul. I'm pretty sure the Demon has flares on it.
Sorry buddy. :)
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Those not CV shafts in the weight reduction spot up front.....Sure sits like a AWD MOPAR in the uncovered pic.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
So..315 sized tires at all four corners?!?
:headbang:

It's times like these that I'm so glad that I grew up with the capability of liking more than one kind of car at a time.

Still a over weight pig
Enjoying those sour grapes? :lol:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don't know about him, but I love sour grapes mmmm
I grew up with all brands but I'll be getting the demon slayer.

315s up front? If it's not all wheel drive whats the point, it's better to have skinny wheels up front when dragging...unless they are trying to pull another second of lap time? Maybe it's just so it doesn't look like a drag car haha.

Last edited:

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I don't know about him, but I love sour grapes mmmm
I grew up with all brands but I'll be getting the demon slayer.

When does the demon slayer come out and who makes it?

:shrug:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I love your honesty and perspective. Good points and I pretty much agree with everything you said.

IMO, the cars that exhibits the most fun will be the GT350's, Z/28's, 1LE's heck even the SS and GT's.. Muscle cars that handle = FUN!

The Vette's, GTR's, Vipers are in their own class as expensive ($80k+) sport cars and I would imagine you can only have so much fun with it outside of the track.

Did you drive a Stingray with Z/51? I never drove the C7 Vette and with a base barebones Stingray costing $55k, it seems pretty expensive since the options add to the price pretty fast. I honestly would take a Z06 over anything right now lol.. That car is the closest thing to a super car in terms of looks and performance.
My father owns a 15' Z51 Vette, and we've driven each others cars a number of times, so I feel I have a pretty good base to compare them both. Love the car, the looks, the interior, the handling, etc. Only thing that IMO is a detrimental aspect to the car is the "lazy V8" under the hood. Makes awesome power all through its rev range, but IMO it is more of a typical muscle car engine, and doesn't have the quick responding revs and character that I associate with a sports car. It is as old school as it gets really, and for some like my father that grew up with those muscle cars, it is perfect. I however far prefer the quick-revving nature of the Voodoo, and am determined to have an NA 911 in my garage someday as well :)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hope they can keep half shafts in it better than they do supercharger bearings :lol:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hope they can keep half shafts in it better than they do supercharger bearings :lol:
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D
I know, right?!?! What a fiasco! I wouldn't buy a Hellcat just because of that reason alone. Unless, I had a 2.9 Whipple ready to replace the stock supercharger.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So,......Is this car going to be street friendly, or does it just do track duty?
I haven't following it much as I have no interest in it at all.
I do know that it is over 800HP,has a button for a separate High octane fuel, wider tires, weighs a bit less, and has a wide body kit.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Do you have any idea how many blowers were effected? (Look at the stats) From the numbers I've seen, less than 50. Some of those numbers had superchargers replaced without having any catastrophic failures. They made over 8k HCs in 2015 alone.

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D
I know, right?!?! What a fiasco! I wouldn't buy a Hellcat just because of that reason alone. Unless, I had a 2.9 Whipple ready to replace the stock supercharger.
That's like saying you wouldn't buy a GT350 because of the oil cooler lines OR all the motors that have popped...or the ones that have burned down on the track / hwy.

So,......Is this car going to be street friendly, or does it just do track duty?
I haven't following it much as I have no interest in it at all.
I do know that it is over 800HP,has a button for a separate High octane fuel, wider tires, weighs a bit less, and has a wide body kit.
It isn't going to be a track only car like the drag pack, but if it has DR's front / rear....I wouldn't use it as a daily driver. No official hp numbers released.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That's like saying you wouldn't buy a GT350 because of the oil cooler lines OR all the motors that have popped...or the ones that have burned down on the track / hwy.
That is what I said to myself actually. lol
Although, I would really love to own a GT350R car and supercharge it. I think the GT350 and the GT350R cars are some of the hottest looking Mustangs out there right now though.

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
That is what I said to myself actually. lol
Although, I would really love to own a GT350R car and supercharge it. I think the GT350 and the GT350R cars are some of the hottest looking Mustangs out there right now though.
I'm not judging, just asking.
Why would you buy a R and add a power adder and not do it to a non R instead? Why add weight to a track car and defeat the purpose? A non R with the right tires and a good alignment can keep pace with a R. Add a few basic suspension mods like bearings instead of rubber bushings, and replace the rubber bushings in the IRS cradle with delrin or aluminum and you'll be lapping faster times then a R. Some have already said 2-4 seconds.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm not judging, just asking.
Why would you buy a R and add a power adder and not do it to a non R instead? Why add weight to a track car and defeat the purpose? A non R with the right tires and a good alignment can keep pace with a R. Add a few basic suspension mods like bearings instead of rubber bushings, and replace the rubber bushings in the IRS cradle with delrin or aluminum and you'll be lapping faster times then a R. Some have already said 2-4 seconds.
I see what you're saying Scott. I just love the way the R looks for some reason? Maybe it's the wheels, the rear spoiler, I don't know? Not to say the GT350 cars aren't beautiful, they are! Like I posted earlier, I think both the GT350 and GT350R cars are hot.
I don't track any of my vehicles, it would be a street warrior. So, worrying about weight and track times wouldn't have an affect on me. As long as it doesn't weigh as much as a Hellcat!!! :D lol
J/K, I like the Hellcats as well. I'm not a brand loyalist.
Sponsored