Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Team,
Under no circumstances buy a Killer Chiller from Kincaid Performance. Spent $1200 on the kit and $1300 to make it work, and that was before my AC compressor grenaded. Compressor was another $400 plus several painstaking hours due to location. The kit showed up two weeks late with no instructions. Says it takes 3 - 5 hours with basic hand tools, yet I’m a master tech and still had to beg borrow and steal to make it work After 20 plus hours. It is NOT basic and NOT 3-5 hours. I have over 20 hours on install with a fully equipped shop, BEFORE the compressor failure. Do NOT fill the 134 to normal specs based on ambient VS low / high pressures. System works best at 2.6 times ambient on the high side apparently. Instructions included don’t mention that at all. Purchased with bypass AND drag valve and you will 100% lose some in cabin AC performance. I lost about 8 degrees at idle. In AZ, NOT worth it. So the kit showed up two plus weeks late with no info from vendor until I filed both a PayPal and BBB complaint against them. When I got kit and downed my car, kit was missing 4 fittings. Owner overnighted them to me but that didn’t help ultimately. When filling system to factory pressure specs based on ambient it caused my compressor to pop off and literally melted the clutch. Replaced compressor on my own dime (not fucking fun) and started over. At owners recommended pressures, AC performance was terrible and res temps were ridiculous. Reached out to owner. His response was “Seen it all the time, your compressor is bad.” I knew it was NOT that. Told him to F off and figured it out for myself. End result? Lost serious AC performance at idle. Luckily it’s not terrible when driving and barely is adequate in relation to IAT’s. At this point being in AZ I’m just happy to have decent AC again. For 03-04 Cobra the kit is the shit. For S550, do NOT waste your time!!!
Sponsored