Diode Dynamics Switchback Install

Renegade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Renegade
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Anybody have any instructions on how to install the Diode Dynamics Switchback on the Shelby. I tried to do it like on my GT, but it is blocked off from the wheel well? Thanks
Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I think the 350 install is the same?

[ame]

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Renegade
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Omega, thanks but that won't work for the Shelby. There's a coolant radiator right behind the wheel well that's not on the GT.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
My guess is you are going to have to pull the under tray off the car and reach up from the bottom.

I went with the generic amazon version for awhile until they were messed up and blinking white-amber-white etc on one and the other took a really long time for the white light to come back on after signaling. I went ahead and just bought the DD switchbacks, they have a 3 year warranty!

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I found it easier to detatch enough of tge wheel well liner to make more room. You have to go over the cooler and be careful to make sure that the LEDs dont fall oit of the socket into the light housing.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Show me these $10 LEDs that you speek of that perform the same function.
He's saying that's how much they probably cost (most likely less) and then you have an insane markup.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Renegade
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Worked

Yeap, had to remove both front tires, almost half the wheel well, and had my son use his smaller hands to replace the bulb. Well worth the sweat. :thumbsup:
IMG_7409.jpg

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Just need small hands, pop the wheel well liners off and grope around passenger side easy, drivers side is where u need a small hand but have the strength to turn the socket, you can do it and you will get scraped up a bit.
The back up light/4th brake light is a different story you need to remove the rear undercarriage cover so you need it lifted
The red rear sidelight markers can be changed also, I used needle nosed pliers to pop the front clip and push it out.
They all make a nice change.
The one that was the biggest challenge was the glove box one until I figured out how to pop the whole socket out, couldn't get the bulb to line up when the socket was mounted

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
The one that was the biggest challenge was the glove box one until I figured out how to pop the whole socket out, couldn't get the bulb to line up when the socket was mounted
For the glove box, I found it really easy once I pressed that yellow lever and lowered the panel where the cabin air filter is.. then you have room for your hand to line up the bulb properly.