Digital dash secrets

Ajc5633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 1975 Nov
Note that the digital dash I’m sure has been analyzed by all members with it. Has anyone found any secrets or anything they feel is unknown about it? I feel like there has to be more to it than what the average person sees. Secret menus or options on it. I will say I wish there was a way to get waze to display on it. Kinda sucks when I have CarPlay going I can’t get navigation on the digital dash.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Note that the digital dash I’m sure has been analyzed by all members with it. Has anyone found any secrets or anything they feel is unknown about it? I feel like there has to be more to it than what the average person sees. Secret menus or options on it. I will say I wish there was a way to get waze to display on it. Kinda sucks when I have CarPlay going I can’t get navigation on the digital dash.
I have not looked into this more, but I would agree, it would be awesome to get non-car navigation in it. If I use the car's navigation, I get directions etc. in the cluster, but on my '18 Accord I could get my Android Auto navigation displayed in the cluster (but not CarPlay). I think the respective phone manufacturers put a limit on this too.

What I would really really like would be a small music menu on the dash, like a constant readout of what song you have playing that hardly seems like a stretch when it already flashes music info at you (but only when changing a song).

OP
OP
Ajc5633

Ajc5633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I have not looked into this more, but I would agree, it would be awesome to get non-car navigation in it. If I use the car's navigation, I get directions etc. in the cluster, but on my '18 Accord I could get my Android Auto navigation displayed in the cluster (but not CarPlay). I think the respective phone manufacturers put a limit on this too.

What I would really really like would be a small music menu on the dash, like a constant readout of what song you have playing that hardly seems like a stretch when it already flashes music info at you (but only when changing a song).
i agree. I can’t believe there isn’ta music only menu. I know if you are on the regular dash it fires say the song title on top but a dedicated music menu seems like it was an oversight that should have been in there

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
I can tell you from a technical standpoint, a second display thru SYNC or Apple CarPlay is not possible now. It may be possible with the next major iOS release (which has multi-screen support) or SYNC 4, but I haven’t read thru any of the documents currently available.

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
If you have Sync 3.4 Google Maps and Waze directions show up in the dash the same way as factory Nav.

You get turn by turn directions in the dash. I use it all the time

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ajc5633

Ajc5633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
If you have Sync 3.4 Google Maps and Waze directions show up in the dash the same way as factory Nav.

I have a 2019. I don’t think that came with 3.4 if I’m not mistaken. 3.4 is the newest in the 2020 right?

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2019. I don’t think that came with 3.4 if I’m not mistaken. 3.4 is the newest in the 2020 right?
2020 and some 2019 have started receiving their factory updates to Sync 3.4.

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is being released but shall probably go market wide AFTER the full Bronco reveal. There are some items specific to the Bronco model that ford does not want people to "Discover" until the reveal and reviews hit the press.

goldenpants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost Premium 201a Performance Pack (Ruby Red)
Ford could’ve done so so much more with the Digital Dash, and I have a 2018 so I probably will not get 3.4, just stuck on 3.0 :(

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Ford could’ve done so so much more with the Digital Dash, and I have a 2018 so I probably will not get 3.4, just stuck on 3.0 :(
Sync 3 is the name of the Infotainment System itself. 3.4 is a software version, you can upgrade to Sync 3 v3.3 literally right now if you haven’t done so yet.

OP
OP
Ajc5633

Ajc5633

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
From what I read not all sync 3 systems are able to do it. I myself am at 3.3 and waiting for 3.4 to be made available but I heard there is like a cutie area. And my thread was more about the digital dash than the infotainment system. Although I do wish there were some more things they tied together with the two of them

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
From what I read not all sync 3 systems are able to do it. I myself am at 3.3 and waiting for 3.4 to be made available but I heard there is like a cutie area. And my thread was more about the digital dash than the infotainment system. Although I do wish there were some more things they tied together with the two of them
Correct, there is seemingly a difference in RAM size or something in 2019+ Sync3 systems and possibly late-production 2018s. Having a 2018 means you can upgrade to at least v3.3; I was replying to his post specifically as the misunderstanding of Sync3 as a unit vs software versions for it is common (ie: people thinking Sync3 is Sync running software version number 3.0. My previous 2016 came with Sync3 v1.0) :)

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang

Hi I wanted to ask if you can tell me how to get to the menu for dash navigation? Thanks