Sponsored

Digital Cluster going blank while driving?

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Anyone else have their digital cluster go blank while driving? On my way home last night about 5 minutes into my drive the cluster just shut off, blank, no back light or nothing, stayed off for about 45 seconds then came back up. Everything seemed normal except it no longer showed what gear I was in just showed my speed. Popped it into neutral at the light and it went back to normal, first time that's ever happened. Anyone else have any issues? I attached a picture showing the no gear displayed
IMG_2208.jpg
Sponsored

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Just happened to me yesterday at 8.3k miles. It went off for maybe about 5 seconds and then came back on. Only thing that didn't show again was the song that is currently playing when you're in the Normal cluster appearance. Didn't think much of it.

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Happened twice to me, both times took to dealership, nothing found or resolved. Opened trouble ticket with Ford on the issue and waiting on a call back.

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Had it happen a few times on the highway few mths ago. Blank for 5-10secs. Dealership could find no fault code. I wonder if it's temperature related. It was summer for me, hasn't happened since.

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
well just gonna chalk it up to another screwed up quirk about this car maybe if it happens more frequently I'll take it to the dealer, otherwise not worth wasting my time

Sponsored

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Happened twice to me, both times took to dealership, nothing found or resolved. Opened trouble ticket with Ford on the issue and waiting on a call back.
Dealership just called, Ford approved replacing the digital cluster, it's been ordered.

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
hmm interesting let us know how the fix ends up working out

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dealership just called, Ford approved replacing the digital cluster, it's been ordered.
The part is in, appt set for Monday morning replacement. They asked that I bring in the 2nd key FOB for programming once complete.

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
This happened to me. Brought it to the dealer who of course found nothing wrong. Two weeks later, it died completely. Dealer told me they have no stock on the replacement cluster and no idea when they were going to come in. Had to call the 800 number and raise holy hell.

There are other threads about this online. There is a problem with these dashboards and Ford knows it.

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The part is in, appt set for Monday morning replacement. They asked that I bring in the 2nd key FOB for programming once complete.
cluster replaced. Took about 1 1/2hrs. Now the wait and see.

Sponsored

cojm3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaison
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is anyone getting these issues with the 6th gen 2019/20 model? Screen blanks out on mine too every so often and resets.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm glad I opened this thread. I thought it was for older cars, but it's happening on freaking 2019s. Damn. Could you guys post your build dates? I'm suspecting a bad batch, so let's find out if my theory holds any water. Thx. Oh, and if you don't know it yet, it's on the white driver's door label, at the top left corner.

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3993 traded. 2022 MACH 1
Got a TSB notice from Ford 1.5 months ago on the Digital dash, just have not done it yet.
I believe software upgrade is what it said.... I have a 2019 Bullitt.
I think it was for the above issues.... have to look back on that.... lookup in Ford pass , may tell you there.

cojm3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaison
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got a TSB notice from Ford 1.5 months ago on the Digital dash, just have not done it yet.
I believe software upgrade is what it said.... I have a 2019 Bullitt.
I think it was for the above issues.... have to look back on that.... lookup in Ford pass , may tell you there.
Is there a link to the tsb? Im taking the car to the dealer for another issue and want to shove every bit of evidence in their face regarding the digital dash. Im having a hard time convincing them to do something about it. Im in the UK btw.

cojm3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaison
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm glad I opened this thread. I thought it was for older cars, but it's happening on freaking 2019s. Damn. Could you guys post your build dates? I'm suspecting a bad batch, so let's find out if my theory holds any water. Thx. Oh, and if you don't know it yet, it's on the white driver's door label, at the top left corner.
Does this info help??
20200925_235430.jpg
Sponsored