differing paint shade on 1 yr old car after bodyshop touch up

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
I had my door touched about early last summer after my car got hit by a shopping cart. I know when they had the car they had issues with getting the color right, but it seemed like they had it figured out and the car looked good. They ended up blending the door into the front fender and cleared the fender and door. Recently I've been noticing that the door is darker than than the rear fender (factory paint).

I haven't noticed a difference on the blended front fender, but there is so little surface of it next to the hood (hood also has xpel on it) that I don't think it would really be noticeable. But under most light and angles, the door/front of car on the side is darker than the rear and the lower sill panel.

Is this a possible issue with the clear? Anyone have experience with this on any newer vehicle? It was done by the Ford dealer which is a certified Ford shop. I ended up paying out of pocket for this since the store wouldn't take any liability and it wasn't significantly more than my deductible. Thoughts?
Sponsored