Sponsored

Difference between 9 speaker w/amplifier and Shaker Pro sound systems

svtenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Wanted to start a discussion what people have found are the differences between these two sound systems. I originally thought I wanted the 401a but it seems pricey for what you get. I don't care much about the BLIS (have had both and I think the integrated spotter mirrors give more confidence with the same result as BLIS), HD radio or memory seats/mirrors.

Has anyone seen the wattage rating for the 9 speaker system and any placement documents for speakers? What speakers does the Shaker PRO add in addition to the trunk mounted subwoofer? Has anyone listened to the two systems side by side?
Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Sadly, no-one really knows. Too many differences across Ford documents at this point. Even the wattage isn't matching across documents. Some say 390, others say 550. Some say 2 x 10" subwoofers, yet we have pictures that seem to show only 1. Documents show 2 x 8" subwoofers in the doors, yet someone posted a Ford article the other day saying they were 6.5" instead.

It's literally all over the place.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Wanted to start a discussion what people have found are the differences between these two sound systems. I originally thought I wanted the 401a but it seems pricey for what you get. I don't care much about the BLIS (have had both and I think the integrated spotter mirrors give more confidence with the same result as BLIS), HD radio or memory seats/mirrors.

Has anyone seen the wattage rating for the 9 speaker system and any placement documents for speakers? What speakers does the Shaker PRO add in addition to the trunk mounted subwoofer? Has anyone listened to the two systems side by side?
there is a thread in the electronics section than answers your questions on speeaker placement please read it all the way through, despite what JOEdoginKC says it is known information now

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/shaker-pro-12-1924p2.html

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
xlover, wattage for the 9 speaker system isn't known yet. the 6 and 12 speaker wattage is available via Dealer Source Book and maybe the ford site.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
xlover, wattage for the 9 speaker system isn't known yet. the 6 and 12 speaker wattage is available via Dealer Source Book and maybe the ford site.
i was only referring to speaker placement, i dont care about the exact wattage as long as it works

EDITED FOR THE GRAMMAR POLICE

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh ok lol.

BTW i'm pretty sure the phrase of the day is "I could care less" lol

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
oh ok lol.

BTW i'm pretty sure the phrase of the day is "I could care less" lol
Apologize in advance for putting on my grammarian hat.

"Could care less" isn't actually the proper idiom. It should be "couldn't care less." Reason being, if you "couldn't care less," then you're at the absolute minimum conceivable level of concern over the issue; there's no possible way that you could care any less about it. Like, I couldn't care less whether the socks you're wearing right now are brown or black -- there's literally not one gram of my being that has any concern whatsoever about that issue, so there's no possible way I could care any less.

However, by saying "I could care less" you're stating that, in fact, you do indeed care somewhat about the issue, since there is some smaller quantum of concern about it which you could feel. Like, it would be grammatically appropriate to say "I could care less if shoot me in the face right now" -- obviously, that's something that I care very much about, so it's certainly possible that there's some lesser level of concern that I could have about whether or not I get shot in the face.

Basically, saying "I couldn't care less" means you don't care about something. Saying "I could care less" means you DO care about something. It's always bugged me.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

"Could care less" isn't actually the proper idiom. It should be "couldn't care less." Reason being, if you "couldn't care less," then you're at the absolute minimum conceivable level of concern over the issue; there's no possible way that you could care any less about it. Like, I couldn't care less whether the socks you're wearing right now are brown or black -- there's literally not one gram of my being that has any concern whatsoever about that issue, so there's no possible way I could care any less.

However, by saying "I could care less" you're stating that, in fact, you do indeed care somewhat about the issue, since there is some smaller quantum of concern about it which you could feel. Like, it would be grammatically appropriate to say "I could care less if shoot me in the face right now" -- obviously, that's something that I care very much about, so it's certainly possible that there's some lesser level of concern that I could have about whether or not I get shot in the face.

Basically, saying "I couldn't care less" means you don't care about something. Saying "I could care less" means you DO care about something. It's always bugged me.

Yes Dad.

lol

:D

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M

cool story bro

Sponsored

B17drvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE #48
The power The manufacturer reports is peak, not RMS. It can be a little misleading.

Oh, and this...
image.jpg
Sponsored