Sponsored

Did anyone get tonneau caps with their convertible?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
At least Ford`s Fulfillment Center is consistent in the speed in which they are processing these long awaited accessories. Hopefully, if one of this Tonneau Cover Caps ever gets lost or damaged, there is a Part # where a replacement can be ordered at the Dealership with typical arrival time is within "days", not (weeks).
Yeah, what I don't get is we've heard for at least a month now that people picking up their new deliveries have had their caps in the car from the factory, which means they must be in inventory at the factory. Apparently the factory is getting first dibs at the inventory, which I guess is fair front their point-of-view, but if I were to go into a dealer parts department, and order them...wouldn't it come from the same source? Their supplier is obviously keeping up with the plant demand...I can't imagine there were a whole lot (relatively speaking) convertibles that were ordered and delivered before the caps were available.

Oh well, I'm done trying to figure this out...I'll just wait for the caps as I have been for the last several months! :headbonk:
Sponsored

contourrob217

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Just received notification card today in the mail. States covers have been shipped by UPS and should arrive in 1-2 weeks. Also states to call hotline at 800-367-3788 with questions or concerns. Ready, set,... dial! :rant:

p.s. I purchased my car from dealer inventory on 3/31, but car was a December '14 build.
I got the same postcard today. January delivery

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Got my notice too. Bought mine in December.

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible

Sponsored

jdpatt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt convertible Triple yellow 50th Anniversary
Got my postcard today. Late February delivery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DakotaPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marv
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT Vert
Got my post card today. March 5 delivery.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Ordered 09/02/14, Built 11/23/14, Shipped 12/27/14, Delivered 01/10/15, No Postcard Notification (yet), oh well, perhaps the Tonneau Cover Caps will arrive (before) the Postcard? Anyone old enough to remember the Carly Simon song, "Anticipation"?

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
I wonder if you bought your vert out of dealer inventory, do we still get a postcard notification? Or is it buyer-ordered that get the notification? Enquiring minds want to know.

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if you bought your vert out of dealer inventory, do we still get a postcard notification? Or is it buyer-ordered that get the notification? Enquiring minds want to know.
Well, I Special Ordered my 2015 Mustang Convertible on 09/02/14 and I`m still awaiting a communication from Ford regarding (my) missing Tonneau Cover Caps. Not sure what the status is on Vehicle`s purchased from Dealer Stock. Perhaps someone who has will post that information.

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
I just got a card in the mail stating the caps would be mailed out and received within a week or two through UPS.

I'll be glad to get them.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet in todays Mail either, I`m shocked! LOL At least there is something to be said for consistency. First my Vehicle is kept in storage at FRAP for 5 weeks after being Built before being released for shipment so why should either the notification or arrival of the Tonneau Cover Caps be any different? Glad I didn`t opt for a Ford "Red Carpet" 24 Month Lease. The Vehicle would probably be returned before the Caps arrived!

Magic550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Z06
Got my card in the mail today. Why are they even doing that? I'm 2 hours away from Dearborn - IF they would've been shipped already they would've arrived prior to the card. So I call BS ... Got the 'Stang in December ... close to 5 month now. They better don't dare to send the caps without t-shirts, caps and all that kind of merchandise for free ....

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my card in the mail today. Why are they even doing that? I'm 2 hours away from Dearborn - IF they would've been shipped already they would've arrived prior to the card. So I call BS ... Got the 'Stang in December ... close to 5 month now. They better don't dare to send the caps without t-shirts, caps and all that kind of merchandise for free ....
All of us early S550 Convertible buyers are in the same boat. We have have but two choices, we can complain & wait or simply wait. Guess they will finally arrive eventually. Like Fireside Theatre used to say, "You can either (wait) here in the Sitting Room or if you`d prefer, you can (sit) here in the Waiting Room, your choice!:doh:
Sponsored