OP
OP

GStang

GStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
Thanks a bunch guys...I tortured myself since 5/28 on if I wanted them and then which ones...I looked at tons of pics and finally did some templetes and in my drives around town if I saw an unsuspecting Mustang parked...I put my template on it....not the same as the 2015 but seemed to sooth my anxiety..!!

OK...I remember now...to do just the stripes they wanted $700. The clear coat was $1500. Keep in mind that because the car is so new, there are NO computer specs for the panels so all the cuts had to be made by hand....very time consuming.

I know it may seem like a lot but honestly...I plan on holding on to her for years so....it's cheap insurance the way I see it.
Sponsored

DAGO GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAPTOR, 2015 GT PP
My dad has a 14 DIB GT-500 with the white stripes, but I am digging the silver you went with better than the white on his.

OP
OP

GStang

GStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
Thanks...I just thought the white was to much of a contrast for my taste ....but gotta add....it really is in the eye of the beholder.

RB510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Raven Black, PP, 50 Years)
My shop is doing a front shield for $1500 also. I think that's the going rate for the 2015 since he also mentioned that they have to measure it all painstakingly by hand!

OP, how did you decide on that color scheme? It's unconventional but i really like it!

OP
OP

GStang

GStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
If by OP, you mean me.....thanks . What I did was went to the that site where you build your own mustang colors , stripes and many other features.

I also saw on line some gray stripe on blue and thought it was subtle yet strong...and I went with what I thought would work after considering a variety of pattern and colors.

To me it brings a little retro with the fantastic body lines of the 2015 Mustang.

Sponsored

RB510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Raven Black, PP, 50 Years)
If by OP, you mean me.....thanks . What I did was went to the that site where you build your own mustang colors , stripes and many other features.

I also saw on line some gray stripe on blue and thought it was subtle yet strong...and I went with what I thought would work after considering a variety of pattern and colors.

To me it brings a little retro with the fantastic body lines of the 2015 Mustang.
Yes, you're OP... Original Poster. :)

Looks really good!!!

EleanorsBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Damn. Very nice.
I've got a DIB on the way soon (EDD 11/28!) and am planning on getting white LeMans stripes on it.

Where did you get your stripes from?

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Wayne...me doing those stripes..installed under the clear protection guard...I would have pulled my hair out. I have little to no patience for something that requires that much patience. I remember I had to give them $400 to order that silver adhesive.

Nice vehicles Wayne...glad to hear my lady may have further inspired you!

I've heard other exhausts...Many great ones out there...I CAN SAY...this set up works awesome with the ECO. My Airaid Cold air Intake and my Bama Tune or ordered and paid for...just waiting.
I don't blame you for not doing itself. I wouldn't have the patience to do it myself either.

Wayne

OP
OP

GStang

GStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
Thanks RB and Eleanor's ....the work was done by Tint Shop here in Rochester, NY and they ordered the stripes from 3M..

Again these were not computer pre cut for this mustang. Their designer did the cut work on their equipment.
That's why Wayne and I could NEVER :D attempt this job ourselves!

EB....you're going to love it!

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Can we get more angles on a sunny day? Loving the pattern you chose, and the color matches well.

How many paint chips does $2200 pay for though? Wondering if having 3M applied is worth it...

Sponsored
OP
OP

GStang

GStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
Yup will do a few more pics.....sun would be nice!

As for the $2200...remember $700 was the stripes....So $1500 for the front end protection. The way I looked at it....no stone chips, no tree sap issues, bugs clean off easy, no wax, just detailer spray, I think the biggie was that I plan on keeping this for years driving just summers with it. Figured it was cheap insurance over the lifetime of the car to keeping it looking as new as possible. First time I've ever done it..>SO....ask me again in 10 years.....I'll probably have some better insight!

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150

As for the $2200...remember $700 was the stripes....So $1500 for the front end protection. The way I looked at it....no stone chips, no tree sap issues, bugs clean off easy, no wax, just detailer spray, I think the biggie was that I plan on keeping this for years driving just summers with it. Figured it was cheap insurance over the lifetime of the car to keeping it looking as new as possible. First time I've ever done it..>SO....ask me again in 10 years.....I'll probably have some better insight!
Wouldn't you still have to wax the parts of the car that aren't protected (everything but the front), and wouldn't they be susceptible to tree sap especially? I understand the bugs/rocks argument obviously. I live in an area that sees frequent construction so I've been considering it heavily, but that's a lotta hooch when a body shop will touch it up and seal it for 200 bucks. Lifetime warranty on bubbling/peeling? Thanks for your responses

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0

still too much for stripes.... BigWorm will have them for 300 with everything pre cut and an easy installation guide.

Double D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE - 737
The car looks great. I don't know what it is, but the dual stripes don't appeal to me on this car. Your set-up really hits the spot.

OP
OP

GStang

GStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
KS..of course I'll wax and detail the rest of the car...just saying if you're looking for any advantages to having the clear coat...those were my thoughts. I think the front end of a car takes the most abuse over time. Not sure about life time peeling or bubbling good question though. I'm not a big fan of re-painting or touching up especially with metallic paints.
R02...I know...seemed like a lot to me...but I'm happy with the results, I still have hair on my head. I was told that the stripes they put on my car had adhesive backs. Supposedly, they will last and wear well...But..what do I know.
Sponsored