Sponsored

Detailing your LE

Classic1967s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT Alloy w/ Silver Racing Stripes
Hey All,

I just wanted to get some advice and opinions. Would anyone suggest sending out the LE to get it professional polished and waxed as soon as possible after pickup? Are they factory sealed from the plant?

I caught a few marks here and there on my car, in particular on the rear bumper, thinking they may have been from the transport cover. Also what products do you guys recommend for do it your self detailing to remove minor scratches and swirl marks? Also any recommendations for a polish for the chrome trim on the car?
Sponsored

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE 50TH Mustang Kona Blue #320 6 speed
Hey All,

I just wanted to get some advice and opinions. Would anyone suggest sending out the LE to get it professional polished and waxed as soon as possible after pickup? Are they factory sealed from the plant?

I caught a few marks here and there on my car, in particular on the rear bumper, thinking they may have been from the transport cover. Also what products do you guys recommend for do it your self detailing to remove minor scratches and swirl marks? Also any recommendations for a polish for the chrome trim on the car?
I use meguiars products. They have great wax and scratch/swirl products.
By the way what LE number do you have on your car? :ford:

OP
OP
Classic1967s

Classic1967s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received #1311

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
I am using Zaino on mine, I used #2 and #5 Polish to get rid of the swirly s (not many, car arrived decent) and some factory/rail dust.
Here is what I did, there are many other options that are great.
Three Bucket Wash (using Dawn to remove anything already on there)
Clay Bar
Foam Gun (Zaino PH Balanced Soap)/Two Bucket rinse(to clean the clay lubricant residue)
I blow dry the car with a blower to get water out of the crevices and towel as little as possible.
Zaino AIO (All In One) This is a cleaner/polish and if you want to go no further, you can stop with AIO. Going further is just to get that deep museum piece shine. The car looks great with just AIO.
Zaino 5 Pro to remove blemishes/micro scratches
Zaino 2 Pro with ZFX for the base polish coat
Zaino 6 (Gloss enhancer)
Zaino 5 Pro
Zaino 6
Zaino 2
Zaino 5
Zaino 6
Zaino CS (Clear Seal)

Sounds like a lot of work, not really, lots of waiting. Only one coat of polish a day as it needs time to harden. You can use the ZFX to put three coats on in a day, but I like slow and steady.

Always read the manufacturers site for tips and tricks

Zaino recommends WHITE (no dye transfer) Supima cotton bath towels with the edges cut off, I tried them for the first time when I used Zaino, they do better than the micro fiber, but are expensive. I only use them on the LE now.

picture.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

MikeSVTGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GTCS, 2015 LE #399
love the zaino, about ready to place another order :)

OP
OP
Classic1967s

Classic1967s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately my car could have arrived in better condition. Upon delivery to the dealer I did a pre-PDI inspection of the car myself in the dealers garage, and did not find any flaws. For delivery to me I asked the dealer to recover the car with the transport cover, as I was flat bedding it home about 50+ miles. Upon getting it home, I removed the transport cover, and discovered blemishes in the paint on the trunk lid. I know will need to bring the car back to the dealer to inspect the blemishes and hope they can be easily fixed. I hope that the car will not require body work, as this solution would really be unacceptable to me on a brand new car, especially one of this nature. I plan to have the dealership re-detail and possible polish and wax the whole car for me because of this issue. Anyone have any suggestions/advice?

I will post a picture of the blemishes as well.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I wash mine weekly. I'll clay bar and nxt it every 6 months are so. Haha

Mine came almost perfect. No paint blemishes any where. There wasn't even much rail dust at all on it.

I did find lots of tar spots today.

And a spot on the front that almost looks like a small stain. Orange in color, about .5mm x .25mm. Wash didn't touch it. Tar remover either. Nor did a quick touch with a very very light polish. Can't feel it. Not sure what it is. I'll polish that spot next week when I clay bar and wax it.

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately my car could have arrived in better condition. Upon delivery to the dealer I did a pre-PDI inspection of the car myself in the dealers garage, and did not find any flaws. For delivery to me I asked the dealer to recover the car with the transport cover, as I was flat bedding it home about 50+ miles. Upon getting it home, I removed the transport cover, and discovered blemishes in the paint on the trunk lid. I know will need to bring the car back to the dealer to inspect the blemishes and hope they can be easily fixed. I hope that the car will not require body work, as this solution would really be unacceptable to me on a brand new car, especially one of this nature. I plan to have the dealership re-detail and possible polish and wax the whole car for me because of this issue. Anyone have any suggestions/advice?

I will post a picture of the blemishes as well.
Sorry to hear about the blemishes. I think all you can do is go back to the dealer since it's a new car. I'm sure the dealership will fix it but depending on the blemishes it may require there body shop to fix the problem. Hopefully it will be a easy fix.

OP
OP
Classic1967s

Classic1967s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are the pictures of the blemishes
IMG_0805.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG

Sponsored

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does not appear like the paint is missing or scratched right? You can try meguiars scratch or compound then wax it.

OP
OP
Classic1967s

Classic1967s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, it does not look or feel like a scratch. I thought it was like a tar/sap residue and tried washing it off to no avail. I was going to try a light 3M or Meguiars compound, but a lot of people have advised to let the dealer look at it first.

My biggest fear is that someone was buffing the car, and burnt the paint.

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, it does not look or feel like a scratch. I thought it was like a tar/sap residue and tried washing it off to no avail. I was going to try a light 3M or Meguiars compound, but a lot of people have advised to let the dealer look at it first.

I'm sure it will work out for you.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT

It is hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like micro scratches above that. If you hold a good fluorescent light above your paint, there should be almost no visible micro scratches (this comes from using cheap microfiber or worn out buffing wheels. I would find a reputable body shop (ask for classic restorations and have them look at it, if the dealer did it, do you want them to do more? If it is burnt paint, ask them to pay for it to be repaired, or get a newly painted part from Ford. This is why I took mine home without them touching it. I did find things when I got home, I initially missed. Too much excitement the day I picked it up. The dealer should work with you, especially if they buffed it (they should not have, it didn't need it) All you really need is to clay bar a new car and then put a coat of good wax of polish on. No machining required. Machines are for abused paint or between paint layers when repainting to remove excessive over spray. I have never and would never D/A new factory paint.

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I had almost identical scratches in mine, but on the passenger door just under the mirror. My dealer said to bring it down and they would try to buff it out first before resorting to anything drastic, but would do whatever is necessary. Will probably be a while though as it is garaged now.
Sponsored