Sponsored

Detailed Order Process (UK-S550)

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Guys you have to stop believing what dealers tell you, I know of cars that have so called gone missing according to the dealer for weeks and they have been at the dealers all the time, you need to go and see them it seems to make a difference as mine so called turned up the day I walked in, shame I new it was there a few days before. I had already been told on the phone it was not there:paddle:
Sponsored

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Guys you have to stop believing what dealers tell you, I know of cars that have so called gone missing according to the dealer for weeks and they have been at the dealers all the time, you need to go and see them it seems to make a difference as mine so called turned up the day I walked in, shame I new it was there a few days before. I had already been told on the phone it was not there:paddle:
The one thing that I found slightly odd is my dealer trying to get me to pay pretty much as soon as the car comes in as he said that it starts to gather interest, whereas there are stories of dealers sitting on cars for weeks before noticing that it's arrived. :headbonk:

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
The one thing that I found slightly odd is my dealer trying to get me to pay pretty much as soon as the car comes in as he said that it starts to gather interest, whereas there are stories of dealers sitting on cars for weeks before noticing that it's arrived. :headbonk:
Yup. I was told the same by the dealer we share. Good for us. Let's hope it means they are keen to get the cars up to Nottingham for pick up. The fact that we have two (that we know of in this batch) should hopefully mean they move them from Southampton up to Notts asap.

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
Guys,

Just so I can update my "tracker" with latest info, I'd be grateful if those who are just about to have their cars delivered to dealers could let me know approximate times it took from arriving at Zeebrugge to being delivered to dealer. It's important the car is delivered by mid-June at the absolute latest or I'll need to make alternative arrangements, that's why I'm keen to pin down accurate timings. Thanks
Mine arrived in Zeebrugge (Tijuca) on 25/03, Dealer confirmed today that it is due in to them next week along with 14 others. So assuming it makes it at the end of next week that's 5 weeks from Zeebrugge to Maidstone.

It appears that Ford's logistics can't cope with the volume of cars, he said that they are receiving deliveries that are routed to Maidstone via Liverpool :confused:

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Yup. I was told the same by the dealer we share. Good for us. Let's hope it means they are keen to get the cars up to Nottingham for pick up. The fact that we have two (that we know of in this batch) should hopefully mean they move them from Southampton up to Notts asap.
I was hoping for paying in June time rather than May, gives me a few weeks to sort money out after I get back from Nepal rather than rushing. Looking at trading in my little Clio as well, not sure what they'd give me but insurance wanted £600 to swap me as main driver for mum as main driver which I couldn't justify.

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was hoping for paying in June time rather than May, gives me a few weeks to sort money out after I get back from Nepal rather than rushing. Looking at trading in my little Clio as well, not sure what they'd give me but insurance wanted £600 to swap me as main driver for mum as main driver which I couldn't justify.
To be honest, I don't think it will get here before end of may. 600 to transfer is stupid. I may be in a similar predicament as I want to transfer the insurance from my current car to mustang. It's towards the end of the insurance year so Churchill may charge me an arm an a leg. If it's too much I'll just cancel policy and get a ne policy.

Need to put my 3 series up for sale too. I'll probably put it up asking for what I want as it has a full BMWSH with every single invoice for everything plus BMW insured comprehensive warranty.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Just sold my 19 year old e36 M3 for just over £17k :) Not sure which edition you have but the e36 prices are rising

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sold my 19 year old e36 M3 for just over £17k :) Not sure which edition you have but the e36 prices are rising
The e36 is a modern classic. The e90 not so much:)

Just checked
Now loaded on vessel
Yup same here. The boat has just moved off as well. Fingers crossed they get here safely

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The E90 M3 is likely to be a classic. Yes just looked, she is underway! Hopefully no more delays!

Sponsored

Mpbpub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT coupe auto
The Taliman has left Baltimore, I've just watched it sail under the I 695 bridge on the traffic cam.
Not long now

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Now we know exactly where are cars are for the next 10 days. Then it's back to guess work. :tsk:

Paul S Lawrence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
The Tijuca cars are now 45mins from Southamption. I'm told most will go via rail to Liverpool then on to their dealerships from there. Most are aiming for later next week :-) I can see light... faint light but some light.
I'm now a little excited but anticipating numerous quality issues upon collection :-S

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
The Taliman has left Baltimore, I've just watched it sail under the I 695 bridge on the traffic cam.
Not long now
Which traffic cam? Providence?
Sponsored