Sponsored

Detail Factory Tire Scrub Brush XL

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
While I have a number of brushes that I like, if you asked me what my favorite is, the answer would be simple and quick.....................

The Detail Factory Tire Scrub Brush -

Detail Factory Tyre Cleaning Brush (detailingshed.com.au)

IMG-3459.jpg

IMG-3462.jpg

Why? Because this is the brush that has surprised me most. Previous to this, I was using the Maxshine/Tuff Shine brush, which worked just fine. It had really stiff bristles, meaning it would scrub deep. When I got the Detail Factory version, I immediately loved the fully soft touch rubber coating, making it easier to grip when wet. But I did wonder if the significantly softer bristles would do the job. I needn't have worried.......................

IMG-3524.jpg

IMG-3526.jpg

IMG-3530.jpg

What surprised me was that the softer bristles that I worried wouldn't clean properly actually did a better job than the old Maxshine/Tuff Shine. In this case, the bristles conform to the tyre sidewall as you agitate, which allows them to cover more surface area and deliver the same level of cleaning with less effort. The softer bristles also allow for a better lather of the tyre cleaning chemical.

Putting it another way, I actually found cleaning tyres tedious before this brush. But now, its easily one of my favorite detailing tasks.

IMG-3969.jpg

IMG-3776.jpg

I loved this brush so much that I bought another for use on rubber floor mats. Again, another task I hated because I could never achieve the results I wanted with other brushes. And again, the combination of bristle length and stiffness suits floor mat cleaning perfectly. Combined with the McKee's cleaner, this is THE secret sauce for rubber floor mats.

IMG-4953.jpg

IMG-4956.jpg

IMG-7157.jpg

So, I love this brush! And now, Detail Factory are offering an XL version for larger truck and SUV tyres.

ProGrip XL Tire Brush – Detail Factory
Detail Factory XL Tyre Brush Scrubbing Brush (detailingshed.com.au)

xltb.jpg

The XL version is said to offer 4 times the surface area compared to the regular brush. Everything else remains, including the lovely soft touch handle and goldilocks level bristle stiffness. While the original version will be more versatile, especially on low profile rubber, the XL will great for those who are dealing with high profile tyres on utes, trucks and SUV's more often.
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I really like the detail factory brush, I have 2 of them one grey and one red :) I probably won't get the XL one as I don't have any larger tires, my daily is a 55 series and my Mustang is 35 and 30 respectively. I use a drill brush on my mats typically, just cleaned my Mustang drivers mat yesterday, my mechanic got it a little dirty when he had it last week doing my hardware upgrades and it was raining cats and dogs all day LOL..

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
if you asked me what my favorite is, the answer would be simple and quick.
I love that brush, D, and think about you every time I use it. <smile> Everything about it is perfect and couldn't agree more on the grip. Plus, the size is exactly right for low profile tires.

I have a larger, stiffer brush that I use on mats and the truck tires but I'm gonna try the DF on the mats next time. Didn't know about the XL but that will be perfect for the truck tires so I'mma gonna pick one up, thanks again, brother.

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Do you guys clean and scrub tires every car wash? I have noticed the more you scrub and clean them the browner they get, and you are forced to put on a tire shine/dressing every time you wash. I try to scrub them down only when they start to naturally turn that brown color.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Do you guys clean and scrub tires every car wash? I have noticed the more you scrub and clean them the browner they get, and you are forced to put on a tire shine/dressing every time you wash. I try to scrub them down only when they start to naturally turn that brown color.
I have found the level of tire browning is dependent on the specific tire itself, some brown more than others. But yes, I give tires a scrub each time I wash, then reapply a dressing. But then I enjoying doing it, so it's not always needed.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I scrub the tires every time, regardless of "browning", seems like they always have dirt on them and I try not to let them get to the brown stage.

I found this tire brush after extensive searching....works great.

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
Just ordered up two of those brushes as well. Thanks for the tip!

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I like the Detail factory brushes really well. I don't have the XL as all my tires are low profile but it does work really well, the handle is nice and they are really sturdy..

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Yep. It's part of the routine but with one small caveat. The only time I deviate is right about now with pollen season. I try to wash the car every week or as much as I can to keep the yellow death away and that does lead to washing car even though I technically haven't driven it since last wash. So I try to do a quick wash of exterior and will skip wheels/tires if I havnt driven since last wash since my car is outside.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I think its the harsh cleaner more than scrubbing. Every time i've scrubbed with an APC cleaner even diluted to 1:10 it turns the tire more brown and thus requires more dressing to turn black again.

That Bleche-White stuff is very harsh, i only use that stuff if the tire is already naturally browned from UV and time.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
While I give my tires a quick scrub at each wash, just be careful of over cleaning tires. For neglected or very dirty tires, go over them a couple of times, but I tend to avoid going beyond two or three rounds.

The UV inhibitors and anti-ozone treatments used in tires are designed to raise to the surface of the rubber to protect it against sunlight damage. The thing is, these agents also turn brown when treated with cleaners. So, this is often why you may always have a tire that is "brown" looking because these protective compounds raise to the surface by design. Some tires do this more than others.

So, it's a fine line between cleaning them so they look good, but not so often that you are removing too much of the UV treatments, raising more to the surface and the whole cycle repeats.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Once again, the Master provides yet another very important fact of which I wasn't aware..UV coatings in tire compounds..many thanks as always, dude.

Because I, like you, suffer from serious OCD, I often tend to get carried away with tire scrubbing and, have had relatively low mileage tires turn brown on me. Now I know why. Therefive, in the future, I will back off on the scrubbing. Thanks a bunch, D. :=)

Brushes..

I have both the DF brushes but only use the large version on the F250 tires, both are perfect for their respective jobs IMO.

First time I recall you mentioning McKee's mat/cargo liner cleaner but all I had to read was "The Secret Sauce" and I ordered a bottle. <chuckling> I have been using Adam's APC and a different brush for mats but will try the smaller DF version next time with McKee's.

The wife's birthday was last Saturday and we celebrated with a dinner date. Unfortunately, the steaks were truly terrible (at Outback.) I know, I know, stupid me but we hadn't been there in years and for some moronic reason, I thought their fare might improve. BIG duh.

So, since she buys whatever she needs, I didn't want to take a chance on a gift that she wouldn't like (or didn't need,) so I decided to give her car a detail job instead which it desperately needed. When she came out to the garage as I was buffing the tires, she was blown away and couldn't stop saying how beautiful it looked. In her eyes, the car looked brand new but, we know how poor the female eyesight is. <BSEG>

Probably spent an hour on the wheels and tires but while doing so, I was once again blessed with the views of my wife's curbing (NOT!) All four are scraped to some extent but the right side wheels have taken a serious beating around the outer edge. God love her but, she apparently isn't particularly talented at gauging left turns. <smile> I don't want to blow a large chunk of pesos on new wheels but I may have them refinished, we'll see.

Quite by accident, I parked the car for photos with the LEFT side in front so you can't see the really damaged right side wheels. :-)

Used Reset again, D, and got the same results as I did when I washed Sarah last week. I was most impressed. It does produce those sheets of tiny little air bubbles when rinsing like Snow Foam so I guess the two formulas have something in common. BUT, unlike SF, the Reset bubbles rinse right off with one pass.

And fortunately, the Rube Goldberg weighted filters and straw rig I put together worked just fine and the straw never came away from the cannon. But, I need to get another wide mouth bottle. I have two of the narrow mouth bottles and typically mix up one with BB and the other with the foam soap to save time after the wheels are done.

However, the wide mouth bottle is so much easier to fill that I used it for both purposes yesterday and don't want to go back to trying to pour chemical and water into the small opening so, I'll get another "big mouth." ;=)

I'll use up CG's Snow Foam on the truck but Reset is now my goto soap for the other two vehicles, thanks.

Aside from the wheel scrapes, (and there are a number of them on the painted surfaces as well,) the eight year old, 35k vehicle still looks pretty good although I decided yesterday that the glass needs tint so I'll be having that done in the near future.

BTW, I gave her a coat of Elixir after washing and that's Perl on the rubber.

caddy-wash_240405_04.jpg

caddy-wash_240405_03.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: