Sponsored

Desperately need some advice -- help!

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
I agree with the others - even if you put down a $500 non-refundable deposit, you'll save more than that if you go to another dealership with x-plan and rebates. If you weren't required to put down a deposit (or if it is refundable) then your choice just got a whole lot easier.

G Force

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 370Z Nismo
Walk away from them if they don't play.

Better yet, tell them fine, accept the x plan And eaa, and I'm ok if we have to renegotiate the trade.
Then go in and get the deal written up and when it comes to the trade, tell them not to worry about a trade, you are going to keep it.
Mustang newb here. I'm just starting to look into getting a Mustang, some good tips here.

I just learned what x-plan was but I was not aware you could get it simply by getting a $50 MAC (Mustang Club of America) membership. What is EAA, is that EAA.org (The Experimental Aircraft Association)? I see they offer x-plan as a benefit too for $40 but you have to be a member for +60 days. Why did MELLOWYELLOW06 advise the OP to have them accept both, is there more than 1 x-plan price?

Edit: Not trying to thread jack, and good luck to the OP. I may repost this as new.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ohhbother

ohhbother

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium convertible
Hi all.

Just wanted to update you. I brought my car home this afternoon!:clap2:

The negotiations with the dealership took all morning and weren't any fun, but we finally got to a place I could live with. They didn't give me X plan, but they got very close. And they offered me financing with a better rate than my credit union. So it all worked out.

Thanks again to all of you for your insight and advice. Glad the negotiating is behind me. Now I just get to enjoy my car!

Amy

Sponsored