Sponsored

Delivery Woes

Timo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT PP
Well placed an order with a small dealer here in oakland county mi a little over a month ago. Called the dealer yesterday to see what was up. They said oh yeah checked with the owner and it turned out we did not have an allocation, but you and one other guy are next up. So as of now there is no VIN number or any of that. Would this mean I will get shuffled to 2016 or whatever? Believe it or not I'm not super hating the idea. Just curious if any others have had similar experiences in the past. Thanks mucho.
Sponsored

Black6gGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT Premium
It took me a month to get a vin at a large dealer here in VA, and that was with the dealer having allocation. Right now my EDD is 9 weeks after my order date

OP
OP

Timo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT PP
Hmmm ok thanks for the time. I'd have to assume that the quality continually improves toward the end of a MY so maybe the wait will work out lol. I do kind of wonder if the dealer is playing around since I'm an A/X plan guy and the car I am ordering would sell the day it arrived at close to msrp in this market I'd bet.

NvDiS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thats weird... took me two days to get a vin. One week later i check COTUS and saw a delievery dat on June 9th .. here comes the restless night waiting for my baby. Goodluck guys

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Sad situation. Sorry. The fact that dealer wouldn't even tell you that they have no allocation is terrible. Did you receive a DORA? Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement? I ordered from a relatively small dealer on 4/28/15 and received the DORA and VIN 3 days later - on 5/1/18. The DORA said that build was the week of 5/18/15, but no delivery date was stated and all estimates are subject to change. I really hope it comes together for you.

Did you give them a deposit?
Sponsored