Decklid panel fitment

JohnnyMacklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
None yet
@NJ3 Thank you for the info! Mine looked exactly like the picture in the first post and even though it's a little thing, it always bothered me. After making some adjustments to those screws it looks so much better.
Sponsored

Reactions: NJ3

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
Thanks for all the info in this thread, the deck lid not aligning with my lights on my 23 Mach 1 has aggravated me for about a year, lol.

I finally got around to giving this a try and it is much better now.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks for this info @NJ3 I had a slight misalignment with stock taillights and I thought I could fix that when I changed them for the ice white versions. After installing I still had the uneven bottom edge. I planned to use plastic washers to move the taillight out, but I noticed the taillight hardware has a sealing gasket to keep water out of the trunk. If the gasket and cup washer are not pressing against the hole in the sheet metal, water will get in. I ultimately abandoned the idea and accepted them the way they fit. Now armed with your info, I am going to adjust them to get that alignment perfect. My wash mit always gets caught on the decklid corner sticking out.

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Thanks for this info @NJ3 I had a slight misalignment with stock taillights and I thought I could fix that when I changed them for the ice white versions. After installing I still had the uneven bottom edge. I planned to use plastic washers to move the taillight out, but I noticed the taillight hardware has a sealing gasket to keep water out of the trunk. If the gasket and cup washer are not pressing against the hole in the sheet metal, water will get in. I ultimately abandoned the idea and accepted them the way they fit. Now armed with your info, I am going to adjust them to get that alignment perfect. My wash mit always gets caught on the decklid corner sticking out.
I was going to use washers when I first attempted to adjust my taillights but when I noticed that sealing washer I knew adding washers wasn't going to work.
With time and patience you can get the taillights to line up with the decklid panel almost perfect.

I accepted the misalignment of the taillights to the decklid on my 2015 Mustang because there were so many panels that weren't aligned. But on my 2023 I couldn't accept it.

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
As long as the 3 adjustment nuts are tightened back up after adjusting the screws, is their any danger of the light not being properly sealed?
Sponsored