Boostane fuel trims

marcom0705

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey all, I had a question for any of you that run boostane or any other octane booster in your car. I have a Single turbo on my 2019 5.0 and am currently tuned on pump gas but I add a can of boostane professional every other fill up or whenever I'm going to drive it aggressively. I've noticed though that my Long Term Fuel Trims will go leaner when I add the boostane in the tank. Usually just running pump gas alone LTFT sit around 1-4% at idle and when I add boostane it will sit around 7-10% at idle. Cruisng and WOT are fine, fuel trims are pretty close to zero. Is that a normal thing with octane boosters? Causing the long term fuel trims to sit higher

20210601_124927.jpg
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I use Boostane every tank. I’m logging whenever I’m driving. LTFT’s fluctuate a little, but it’s literally nothing to even bother watching.

OP
OP
marcom0705

marcom0705

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I use Boostane every tank. I’m logging whenever I’m driving. LTFT’s fluctuate a little, but it’s literally nothing to even bother watching.
I honestly never watched it till recently when I was logging for knock. I noticed my LTFT before I added boostane was pretty low and then it went up after I added it. It did help get rid of my knock though and added timing so stuff works great. But if it's really not a big deal I'll just leave it alone