Sponsored

Dealer Training Guide

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
notice how even in this guide it says "more than" (insert horse power here).
Which might explain why the dealer today stated that the horse power that ford released was under stated
Until they released the hp / torque numbers two weeks ago, all they'd said all year was "more than" those numbers. This printing just predates that info release.
Sponsored

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
Until they released the hp / torque numbers two weeks ago, all they'd said all year was "more than" those numbers. This printing just predates that info release.
:doh: damn, forgot about that

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I like how they list EPAS as an advantage for the Mustang. I guess the ability to adjust steering weight is nice, and there's a nominal improvement in fuel efficiency too, but can't say I've had the pleasure of driving a car with a nice EPAS rack.
I agree with you completely; electric power steering is an inevitibility, but I wouldn't call it a bonus. Especially since the power steering module is the only thing on my Mustang that failed (covered under warranty). Biggest plus I can see: hopefully someday that obnoxious whine on cold mornings from cars turning with worn accessory belts will be a thing of the past.

The one on the Cayman is lovely, though.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you completely; electric power steering is an inevitibility, but I wouldn't call it a bonus. Especially since the power steering module is the only thing on my Mustang that failed (covered under warranty). Biggest plus I can see: hopefully someday that obnoxious whine on cold mornings from cars turning with worn accessory belts will be a thing of the past.

Oh wow, I never even thought about that obnoxious steering pump whine. So that's a goner? Shit, that's almost worth it just from a perceived quality standpoint.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Oh wow, I never even thought about that obnoxious steering pump whine. So that's a goner? Shit, that's almost worth it just from a perceived quality standpoint.
Yep; that's strictly a hydraulic-steering noise. So you should hear it less and less frequently in the future.

Sponsored

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
LOW Gloss wheels. How did I not notice that before? That's basically gunmetal.
yea,

and that is going to be a nice looking wheel..

beers

ARS

Threads
Reaction score
Its all good but when you get to the stealership they wont know shit from shinola. bank on it. Do your own homework.

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
All good but that comparison with Genesis Coupe is just not right. They should have compared Genesis Coupe 2.0T with 2.3 and 3.8V6 with 3.7V6. 5.0V8 vs 3.8V6 is not justified. Sadly, Hyundai decided to kill 2.0T engine from 2015 onwards for GC.

+1 on Low gloss black wheels. Low gloss will be much much better than high gloss.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
That stinks, I did not notice this thread yesterday so I missed the chance to read through it before the request to be removed.

Doug

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Glad I got to read over this last night before Ford requested to have them removed. They (Ford) sure do keep an eye on things.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Glad I got to read over this last night before Ford requested to have them removed. They (Ford) sure do keep an eye on things.
That they do, would be nice if they could answer the few remaining questions we have about 68B etc.... :ford:

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
well that just goes to show us that Ford is actually looking and viewing this. That hopefully means that they see the good comments and our concerns as enthusiasts.

Oh and that 80% of us are impatient and want our babies as soon as possible. Ford, just take our money now!

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
At least we know they're watching us :ninja:

Which means we need to make a thread about all the alignment issues and express our concerns there so Ford knows that we noticed :thumbsup: and they make sure to fix them.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP

Also, the FR-S and BRZ have fantastic steering feel. If it is engineered correctly, electric power steering isn't so bad.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Also, the FR-S and BRZ have fantastic steering feel. If it is engineered correctly, electric power steering isn't so bad.
Especially since there is more to steering feel than power assist. Things like front end alignment and wheel/tire setups play a far bigger role than power assist, especially at higher speeds where there is less assist anyway.
Sponsored