Sponsored

Dead battery

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Just got a call from my wife, she's got a dead battery. She has a 2015 GT-LE, has anyone else got a dead battery after just one year? I think she has less then 6k miles on the car.
Sponsored

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just got a call from my wife, she's got a dead battery. She has a 2015 GT-LE, has anyone else got a dead battery after just one year? I think she has less then 6k miles on the car.
Yeah, Ford replaced the battery in my 2016 recently because it was leaking and not holding a good charge.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Back when I was a gm tech I replaced batteries on PDI's. Least dependable part on a car there is.

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
Wife's BMW battery died at 12k. Batteries are batteries. They don't seem to care what kind of car they are in.

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Ford Batteries

Anyone who owns a Ford can tell you they last two years.
Put it down on a calendar. I've had several Fords - just my
experience. ;)

BigDinTexas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Haha... Guess I got lucky... I just had to replace my battery yesterday... 2012 with 95k miles... I got my money's worth... It was an overnight failure... Worked fine one day, then the next a cell died and wouldn't start without a jump... Had to pop my clutch just to get to the dealership after work... Interesting thing is I had to do it rolling back on a decline in reverse, and it worked.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone who owns a Ford can tell you they last two years.
Put it down on a calendar. I've had several Fords - just my
experience. ;)
I've had good luck with original Ford batteries. My 2013 Escape still has the original battery and I brought her home I September of 2012. :thumbsup:

Most batteries out there are made by Johnson controls the same company that makes interstate batteries. They come as OE and at Walmart, advance auto parts and autozone plus many other lables.

lowatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
It seems hit or miss with batteries. The longest one I've ever had came in a 2003 Highlander 4 cyclinder. It was still cranking the car after 13 years and 117k miles in the Northeast. I finally changed it because it was getting marginal when I let it sit a week or more, since it became my second car after I got my Mustang. It was tested below specs a few years ago already, but as far as I'm concerned if it cranked the car in the middle of winter with no problem I wasn't going to replace it, plus I always carry an emergency jump start battery even in the Mustang.
Sponsored