Sponsored

Dashcams

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
The routing to the rear cam is super easy too.. ('16 Mustang) - took about 10 minutes. It tucks up under the headliner all the way, and you just need to pull the a-pillar cover down a bit to get the wire under. Start the routing from the front - you'll probably end up with extra wire when you get to the rear cam, and that just tucks up under the headliner too.
Sponsored

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
sorry, another question

if driving for an hour how much data storage is used, presume front and rear camera

I am trying to determine what size Gb unit to go with?
cheers

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Depends on the camera, settings and detail but as an example, my Thinkware F770 uses around 9.75gb per hour for both front and rear camera with audio recording on during the day. That reduces to around 8gb at night (I assume because it's capturing less detail, ie more black areas).

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
My Blackvue CH650 2CH has 64GB which is around 8 hours recording time with front and rear camera. I upgraded the standard SD capacity to get the additional storage.

ouabain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT
Has anyone had a play with the new thinkware F800 unit yet? If so, thoughts?

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I am wondering what the practical value of a rear camera is?
Here's a good example of the potential value.

Mobile phone use whilst driving has reached rampant levels - not sure what can be done about it.

[ame]

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
^^ A front camera would work here too, the hit is obvious in the front video and you can also show that you did nothing wrong.

The rear camera helps if they drive off and the front cam doesn't get the number plate though, and explain why he didnt stop.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
^^ A front camera would work here too, the hit is obvious in the front video and you can also show that you did nothing wrong.
Doesn't tell the whole story, though. The set up he has seems to be two individual single channel cams operating independently of one another - one facing each direction. This would account for the higher than normal quality footage seen here that dual channel set ups usually do not produce.

I like how he just sits there after the impact in the apparent hope that the person he hit would just somehow let it fly.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I like how he just sits there after the impact in the apparent hope that the person he hit would just somehow let it fly.
Yeah WTF was that. Hey, maybe he didn't notice, I'll just sit here and pretend it didn't happen.

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
My latest contribution... :(

[MENTION=20987]ConqSoft[/MENTION] . That was pretty average driving by the other driver, amazing that they stopped to be honest.
You are in the Australian section, but all are welcome to post of course.
I have a friend near Raleigh, in Wake Forest.
He is a Dodge man though.....loves his Ram trucks.

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
Yeah, I noticed that I was in the wrong thread after I posted. :( Sorry. And this was in Wake Forest! Small world.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Yeah, I noticed that I was in the wrong thread after I posted. :( Sorry. And this was in Wake Forest! Small world.
[MENTION=20987]ConqSoft[/MENTION] , Keith, you can post wherever you like, no need to apologise. We are more than happy for you guys from the mustang birthplace to drop in. We appreciate your cam clip.

If you come across a landscaper called Andrew Chan, tell him Bob from Adelaide, South Australia, says "Hi."

Hopefully you got your scrape sorted with no issues. Your dashcam has probably just paid for itself.:thumbsup:

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Hi all
how long are your individual recordings minutes etc, and is there a setting to increase the lenght
cheers
Sponsored