Sponsored

Dashboard display stuck in vehicle settings menu

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow Mustang GT Fastback
As per subject - has anyone had this problem? Can go to lower level menus and display screens but can't go back up to main menu.

Anyway of resetting without losing saved data, iPhone indexing, Bluetooth devices, etc?
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried pressing the 'Left' arrow on the left set of buttons on the steering wheel?

That'll take you back to be able to choose Settings, Economy, track apps etc.

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As per subject - has anyone had this problem? Can go to lower level menus and display screens but can't go back up to main menu.

Anyway of resetting without losing saved data, iPhone indexing, Bluetooth devices, etc?
You tried disconnecting battery ?

OP
OP
Yellostang

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried pressing the 'Left' arrow on the left set of buttons on the steering wheel?

That'll take you back to be able to choose Settings, Economy, track apps etc.
Left arrow on display is not illuminated and left button doesn't do anything.

OP
OP
Yellostang

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You tried disconnecting battery ?
Not yet, didn't want to do a hard reset in case I lost settings, so thought I'd ask, in case I was missing something obvious. Wouldn't be that big a deal to do a reset, as haven't got much in there yet. Might even save it in NVM.

BTW, there's another way to reset Sync, without disconnecting battery, as advised by Ford on another forum:

Select radio > Hold the power button (center of the volume knob) + the right-seek button at the same time for up to 5 second

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Left arrow on display is not illuminated and left button doesn't do anything.
Just to clarify are we on about Sync, or your center dash in between revs and mph gauges?

OP
OP
Yellostang

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to clarify are we on about Sync, or your center dash in between revs and mph gauges?
It's the centre dash between the gauges. Assumed it was all linked up, but maybe not

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It's the centre dash between the gauges. Assumed it was all linked up, but maybe not
Right, what I was thinking of then.

Can you take a picture just of your steering wheel... Intrigued about this 'left button' not being illuminated or working, as think this maybe what's wrong? FYI my left arrow button (or any button) is never illuminated until the car senses it's dark, then it becomes blue :)
wheels.jpg

OP
OP
Yellostang

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right, what I was thinking of then.

Can you take a picture just of your steering wheel... Intrigued about this 'left button' not being illuminated or working, as think this maybe what's wrong? FYI my left arrow button (or any button) is never illuminated until the car senses it's dark, then it becomes blue :)
I'm away from the car at the moment, but I can describe it.

Have a look at the 4 little arrows on the screen, just to the left of the text "Tyre Pressure" on your pic. Directions that can be selected are illuminated in white - in your case: LEFT, UP and DOWN, but not RIGHT (because there is no option to the right).

On my car, I can go into tyre pressure (for example), no problem, but when I try to go back to the main menu by pressing LEFT, I can only go so far and can't get back to the main menu. The white LEFT arrow disappears.

Starting to wonder if I'm doing something stupid. Will have another look later. Don't worry - am sure the reset will address it anyway.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm away from the car at the moment, but I can describe it.

Have a look at the 4 little arrows on the screen, just to the left of the text "Tyre Pressure" on your pic. Directions that can be selected are illuminated in white - in your case: LEFT, UP and DOWN, but not RIGHT (because there is no option to the right).

On my car, I can go into tyre pressure (for example), no problem, but when I try to go back to the main menu by pressing LEFT, I can only go so far and can't get back to the main menu. The white LEFT arrow disappears.

Starting to wonder if I'm doing something stupid. Will have another look later. Don't worry - am sure the reset will address it anyway.

I get what you're on about, good description ;)!

Have you tried going up (or down) and then left? Just in case it's a screen issue, or is it on all of the different option screens?

OP
OP
Yellostang

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get what you're on about, good description ;)!

Have you tried going up (or down) and then left? Just in case it's a screen issue, or is it on all of the different option screens?
I have, but am starting to doubt myself - will have another go later, then disconnect battery if no joy

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have, but am starting to doubt myself - will have another go later, then disconnect battery if no joy
Yep that'd be my guess... Not sure of any other way to get back through menu's etc. Not able to check as my car is in to have it's scratch fixed right now, but maybe holding 'Ok' may take you back - who knows...

OP
OP
Yellostang

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm an idiot. It already was at the top level menu. For some reason I thought there was another one above it :frusty::frusty::frusty:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm an idiot. It already was at the top level menu. For some reason I thought there was another one above it :frusty::frusty::frusty:
You muppet :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:!
Sponsored