Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Yeah those types of hits front and swing around rear will damage the frame more times then not. I don’t know as a customer if you can lobby to get this car totaled but know that if the frame is bent you’re going to take a huge loss when selling or trading in.
Sponsored

Aks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ak
Vehicle(s)
2023 s550
Insurance estimate is 10k. Goes to the shop on Wednesday so we’ll see what they have to say and go from there. 🤞
Actually i dont see any frame damages. Rear quarter panel can be saved if the bodyman is highly skilled. $10k is over killed

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
update: body shop has had the car about a month now. just got it torn down and their official estimate done. official estimate for repairs is like $21.5K. im assuming they are about to total it out but they are still meeting with an insurance agent to go over the estimate again. what a bummer.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Seeing what damage mine was estimated at I think based on zero experience that it is a total loss. Ither cars posted here with seemingly less damage were goners. Did the air bags deploy?
Estimate is $2k for this.

20230605_134548.jpg

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Seeing what damage mine was estimated at I think based on zero experience that it is a total loss. Ither cars posted here with seemingly less damage were goners. Did the air bags deploy?
no airbags deployed. i suspect the frame got slightly bent and then basically the whole car needs to be repainted so i think with those two things it drove the price way up.

Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Sucks to be in that situation. Sorry it happened but can you give us some details of what went wrong. Hypothetically of course. ;^)

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Sucks to be in that situation. Sorry it happened but can you give us some details of what went wrong. Hypothetically of course. ;^)
Cold storm came in a day or so early. Driven my car to work and thought I could get it home instead of leaving it. Been thru worse but anyway was going up slight incline on the freeway in the slow lane doing maybe 30. Hadn’t had any issues the whole drive to this point maybe 10 miles. No change in speed or direction for at least 3 miles and blink of an eye the back end kicked out to the right and the ass came all the way around. Did like a 180 spin and Hit the front passenger side on the fast lane guard rail then the right rear corner came around and hit and then I ended up pretty much facing forward again. Didn’t seem like it hit all that hard tbh. Car stalled at some point during the impact. Restarted fine and had been running fine since. Seemed to be driving fine afterwards too. I’m wondering if the ruts in the ground from the big rigs made an impact but idk. Was snowing pretty hard but the snow hadn’t built up really yet. Luckily it was just me and no one else was around.

NavyMAChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Whipple GT350
I would see how much to buy it back from insurance if it’s a total loss. If it runs and drives with no airbag deployment it will bring good money. Lots of them run through eBay for 13-15k as like posted above people use them for factory 5 builds.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
21k!!! WOW. This is why insurance rates have doubled in the past few years. Fixing cars is almost cost prohibited...crazy times.

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I would see how much to buy it back from insurance if it’s a total loss. If it runs and drives with no airbag deployment it will bring good money. Lots of them run through eBay for 13-15k as like posted above people use them for factory 5 builds.
Was starting to consider this idea. Depending what the buy back is I could resell as is or part out. The entire interior is fine and in great shape. Figuring if I can get the buy back for the right price plus the payout I might make out moderately ok. I’m just preparing them to lowball my payout and then I can’t get back into something even similar.

Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Was starting to consider this idea. Depending what the buy back is I could resell as is or part out. The entire interior is fine and in great shape. Figuring if I can get the buy back for the right price plus the payout I might make out moderately ok. I’m just preparing them to lowball my payout and then I can’t get back into something even similar.
Parting out cars is a pain in the ass. I won't buy another no matter how great a deal it seems to be. YMMV.

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
the saga is finally complete. they ended up totaling the car. 21.5k in damages, they had me valued at 32K and change. added in my mods and got me paid out at 35k. really surprised and thankful at the end results. just released the car to them yesterday. buy back on it was still like almost 11K so i walked away. time for something else. released it 7 years to the day that i bought it. bittersweet forsure.