Daily with Headers?

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Long tubes, no cats, no resonator box and stock mufflers. Still loud though. I start her up with the garage door closed, until she settles down a little. I'm thinking of replacing the stock mufflers with a variable setup...
Sponsored

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Curious, how many of you guys run long tube headers and still use your vehicle as a daily?

I've got a GT500 with an aftermarket cat back on it already.

I was looking to add a pair of Kooks green catted long tube headers and a whipple to the car in the near future, however I'm worried that the headers will make the car too loud for daily driving

So just how loud is full exhaust, with cats but no resonators?

Is it too much to get away with on the daily without being harassed by police?
I drive min daily I have 2m with flowmasters American thunder II with H pipe

Screenshot_20240227_190233_Chrome.jpg

20240309_231938.jpg

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have Corsa long tubes, Magnaflow resonator to side pipes, no cats, and it is loud. The fact that they exit right behind me makes it worse, but as far as other people hearing it and annoying some of them, loud is loud, no matter where on the car you are hearing it come from. I too, start mine in the morning with my garage door closed to be a little mindful of my neighbors. Cold starts are borderline ridiculous. I am about to switch it up to straight 3 inch stainless into vibrant 3 inch stainless resonators and then out the side. The only part that won't be 3 inch on that set-up will be the transition into my dual tips.

20230310_122356.jpg

20230310_122401.jpg

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Curious, how many of you guys run long tube headers and still use your vehicle as a daily?

I've got a GT500 with an aftermarket cat back on it already.

I was looking to add a pair of Kooks green catted long tube headers and a whipple to the car in the near future, however I'm worried that the headers will make the car too loud for daily driving

So just how loud is full exhaust, with cats but no resonators?

Is it too much to get away with on the daily without being harassed by police?
It's a sports car,I daily mine I'm in Fla 2m LTH no cats, ESS g3, daily no problem.

Screenshot_20240312_024617_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240320_221351_Google.jpg

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
I have Corsa long tubes, Magnaflow resonator to side pipes, no cats, and it is loud. The fact that they exit right behind me makes it worse, but as far as other people hearing it and annoying some of them, loud is loud, no matter where on the car you are hearing it come from. I too, start mine in the morning with my garage door closed to be a little mindful of my neighbors. Cold starts are borderline ridiculous. I am about to switch it up to straight 3 inch stainless into vibrant 3 inch stainless resonators and then out the side. The only part that won't be 3 inch on that set-up will be the transition into my dual tips.

20230310_122356.jpg

20230310_122401.jpg
if your catless you can request to your tuner that it doesn't do the crazy loud warm up idle . I have a 99 Pontiac formula with a big blower cam and a 6.2 with no kitties and it does start loud like my 19 gt with ae . Its the cat warm up protection that can be changed . Its the dumping of fuel and high idle to warm those cats up fast it what makes it loud and annoying .

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
if your catless you can request to your tuner that it doesn't do the crazy loud warm up idle . I have a 99 Pontiac formula with a big blower cam and a 6.2 with no kitties and it does start loud like my 19 gt with ae . Its the cat warm up protection that can be changed . Its the dumping of fuel and high idle to warm those cats up fast it what makes it loud and annoying .
I actually LIKE it in certain instances, just not before 8am in my neighborhood. When I go out at work for lunch I LOVE it.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
How bad of a smell do you guys have in/out the car with no cats?
For me, it's every bit as bad as cars back in the 60's. Better to have some kind of smell indication that Carbon Monoxide is present than not, I think...

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have side pipes so with the windows down, you'll get it coming and going depending on wind direction and speed of the vehicle. I don't think it's terrible, but other people might.

Sponsored

Racin4ds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have PYPES stainless longtubes, into 2.5" H pipe with no center resonator, no mufflers. There are some tiny bullet resonators where the rear mufflers used to be and mine is LOUD! I bought it like that tho and plan to change it up some. At 45 years old, I just don't enjoy the drone on long trips anymore like I used to ;)

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
I run flow masters on mine with 2m Lth no cats

20240309_231938.jpg
Sponsored